1. Computer virus is
(A) Amicro organism
(B) A useful computer component
(C) Electro magnetic waves entering the computer from internet
2. URLis a term associated with
(A) Computer hardware (B) Internet
(C) Laser printer (D) Fax
3. One megabyte (MB) is equal to
(A) 1023 kilobytes (B) 1000 bytes
(C) 100 kilobytes (D) 1024 kilobytes
4. Identify a web browser from the following
(A) Yahoo (B) Internet Explorer
(C) Bing (D) DuckDuckGo
5. Which is not a social networking site?
(A) Google Plus (B) Wink
(C) LinkedIn (D) Buzz
6. A parallel port is most often used by
(A) Mouse (B) Monitor
(C) Printer (D) Keyboard
7. Blue tooth technology allows:
(A) Landline phone to mobile phone communication
(B) Wireless communication between equipments
(C) Signal transmission on mobile phones only
(D) Satellite television communication
8. ‘OS’ in computer system means ?
(A) Open System (B) Open Software
(C) Operating System (D) All of these
9. ‘.MOV’ extension refers to:
(A) Word file (B) Text file
(C) Image file (D) Movie file
10. Father of the computer
(A) Charles Babbage (B) Vint Cerf
(C) Bob Khan (D) David Filo
11. Inventer of Email system?
(A) Alan Turing (B) Zuckerburg
(C) Vint Cerf (D) Ray Tomilson
12. ROM Stands for
(A) Range Of Motion (B) Read On Memory
(C) Read Only Memory (D) None of these
13. Which is not a search engine?
(A) Microsoft (B) Alta Vista
(C) Google (D) Search Bug
14. A Laser printer is:
(A) an input device (B) an output device
(C) both (A) and (B) (D) None of these
15. ATM means?
(A) Any Time Money (B) Automatic Tele Money
(C) Automatic Teller Machine (D) Any Time Marketing
16. The term PC means?
(A) Personal Computer (B) Public Computer
(C) Private Computer (D) Professional Computer
17. Which one is the Low Level Language?
A. Assembly B. Visual Basic
C. Java D. C++
18. Which is a volatile memory?
A. ROMB. BIOS
C. PROM D. RAM
19. The system unit of a personal computer typically contains all of the following except:
b. Disk controller
c. Serial interface
20. Technology no longer protected by copyright, available to everyone, is considered to be:
D. in the public domain.
21. Computers process data into information by working exclusively with:
22. The invention of the slide rule is attributed to
(a) Babbage (b) Oughtred (c) Pascal
(d) Napier (e) None of the above
23. Which of the following circuit is used as a ‘Memory device’ in computers?
(a) Rectifier (b) Flip-Flop (c) Comparator (d) Attenuator
24. Super Computer was invested by
A. J.H. Van Tassel
B. J.C Perrier
C. W.L Judson
Answer is = A
25. Which of the following terms in not associated with computers?
A. Frank land reaction
B. Data base
Answer is = A