26. Which was the largest state in Baluchistan?
27. When was the announcement of accession of Kalat to Pakistan was made?
Ans. April 2, 1948
28. What was the area of the State of Kalat?
Ans. 75000 sq. miles
29. What was the population of the State of Kalat?
30. When did the rulers of the states of Kalat, Las Bela , Makran and Kharan agreed to form a single State Union?
Ans. April 1952
31. Which new provinces were constituted under the Indian Independence Act, 1947, (after being defined in Sir Cyril Radcliffe's boundary award)?
Ans. East Bengal and West Punjab
32. What was the population of the undivided Punjab?
33. What was
the area of the undivided Punjab?
34. Which districts of the Punjab province were allotted to the newly constituted Western Punjab province?
Ans. In Lahore Division, Lahore, Gujranwala, Sheikhupura, Sialkot. In Rawalpindi Division, Rawalpindi, Attock, Jhelum, and Shahpur. In Multan Division, Multan, Dera Ghazi Khan, Lyallpur, Montgomery and Muzaffargarh.
35. What was the area of the West Punjab?
Ans. 62,100 Sq. miles
36. What was the population of West Punjab as per the 1941 census?
37. What was the percentage of Muslims in West Punjab?
38. When did polling take place in N.W.F.P for referendum on the question of union with Pakistan or India?
Ans. July 6, 1947
39. How many votes were cast in favor of both Pakistan and India in the NWFP referendum?
Ans. 289,244 for Pakistan and 2874 for India
40. Which organization in N.W.F.P boycotted the referendum and who was the founder of this organization?
Ans. Redshirts, Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan
41. Which two States decided to merge in Pakistan on 4th October, 1947?
Ans. Bahawalpur and Khairpur
42. When were the States of Bahawalpur and Khairpur formally merged in Pakistan?
Ans. 7th and 12th October, 1947
43. Who was the Prime Minister of the State of Bahawalpur?
Ans. Mushtaq Ahmed Gurmani
44. What was the population of Bahawalpur state?
45. What was the area of Bahawalpur state?
Ans. 16,500 Sq. miles
46. Which district of Assam voted in favour of joining Pakistan on July 6, 1947?
47. Which three Frontier States acceded to Pakistan?
Ans. Chitral, Dir and Swat
48. When did the Punjab Legislative Assembly decided in favour of the partition of the province?
Ans. June 23, 1947
49. What was the verdict of the Punjab Assembly?
Ans. 91 members (including three non-Muslims) voted in favour of joining a new Constituent Assembly, while 77 (Hindus, Sikhs and Scheduled Caste representatives) voted in favour of entering the existing Constituent Assembly, if the Province remained united.
50. When did the Bengal Legislative Assembly meet to decide on the question of partition of Bengal?
Ans. June 20, 1947