Specual GAT General Test
Last Date For Application Submission:
Tuesday, 12th January 2016
Sunday, 17th January 2016
The Islamia University of Bahawalpur
www .iub .edu.pk or http://admission.iub .edu.pk
Online MPhil/MS/MSc (Hons)/MBA & PhD Admissions
for Spring Semester 2016th
The Islamia University of Bahawalpur invites applications on online prescribed for ms for admission to M.Phil/MS/MSc (Hons)/MB A
and PhD programs under semester system. Following programs are being offered.
1. M.Phil Regular Programs:
Applied Psychology , Arabic, Economics, Education, English (Linguistics), English (Literature), Geography , History , Islamic
Studies, Mathematics, MBA 2 years after 16 Y ears of Business Education, Pakistan Studies, Persian, Physics, Political Science,
Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry , Siraiki, Statistics
2. M.Phil Programs under Distance Education:
Arabic, Education, English (Linguistics), History , Pakistan Studies, Persian.
3. MS Regular Program:
Botany , Zoology , Biochemistry , Biotechnology , Computer Science, Management Science.
4. University College of Agriculture & Environmental Sciences:
M.Sc (Hons) Programs
(i) M.Sc (Hons) Agronomy (ii) M.Sc (Hons) Entomology (iii) M.Sc (Hons) Plant Breeding & Genetics (iv) M.Sc (Hons) Soil Science
5. PhD Regular Programs:
Agronomy , Arabic, Botany , Computer Science, Education, English (Linguistics), Entomology , Forestry , Islamic Studies,
Mathematics, Pakistan Studies, Persian, Physics, Political Science, Plant Breeding & Genetics, Soil Science.
6. PhD Distance Education Program:
Arabic, Pakistan Studies, Persian
MPhil/MS/MSc (Hons)/MBA i) Master Degree (sixteen years of education or equivalent) at least with second class in annual
system or 2.50 CGP A in semester system (in relevant subject or major subject) recognized by the Higher Education Commission of
ii) Valid GAT (General) result conducted by NTS with a minimum 50 marks.
iii) In addition to GAT (General), subject test will also be conducted by the respective department for admission to MS in Botany ,
Zoology (Department of Life Science) M.Phil Mathematics (Department of Mathematics) M.Phil Psychology (Department of
Applied Psychology on 22-01-2016.
iv) Those who have not already qualified the GAT (General) will have to appear in IUB Special GAT-General test to be
conducted by NTS on 17 J anuary , 2016.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
I) MPhil/Eighteen years of education or equivalent (in relevant subject) recognized by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan
with at least 3.00 CGP A in semester system or 65% marks in case of annual system
ii) The candidates should have qualified GRE (International) subject (where applicable) with 60% percentile or GAT subject conducted
by NTS with 60% cumulative score before admission.
iii) No special GAT subject for admission in PhD will be arranged by the university
Last date for submission of online MPhil/PhD admission forms on IUB Website Wednesday , 20 J anuary , 2016
1. Applicants are required to submit ON-LINE application form by the closing date which is 20 January , 2016. HARD COPY of the ON-LINE application form is not required. Applications other than Online will not be accepted.
2. Original Documents along with 2 photocopies sets will be required at the time of inter view .
3. Original receipt of Admission Processing fee Rs. 700/- will be furnished at the time of inter view/written test without which candidates will not
be allowed to appear in the inter view/written test. It will be retained by IUB for record purpose.
4. Only GAT (General)/Subject pass applicants will appear in Interview/written test as per schedule. No candidate will be infor med about the date
of inter view/written test individually .
How to Apply Online
1. Enter all the required Personal Information and get registered. Please remember your Email ID & Password for future login.
2. After completing registration, applicant will be able to fill in the admission application form, during this process the applicant is advised to
carefully provide the correct/legal infor mation (Submission of false statement may lead to cancellation of candidature/admission and also to
3. After submission of valid application form the system, will generate a challan form to be printed by the candidate.
4. The applicant shall deposit Admission Processing Fee on printed challan in any nearest HBL branches in all over Pakistan @ Rs. 700/- per
5. Applicant can submit a maximum 9 (nine) application forms, one each for a different program from one registered account. However for every
application form applicant shall deposit separate application processing fee of Rs.700/-6. Applicant can login his/her registered account using email and password to edit/update his application form or to check the status of his/her
7. In case of any query/problem, please contact Directorate of Advanced Studies & Research Board at (0092-62-9250247).
IUB Special GAT-General
1. The candidates desirous of appearing in the IUB Special GAT-General are required to apply online for IUB Special GAT-General on
NTS Website www.nts.org.pk
2. The IUB Special GAT-General online Portal is available on NTS Website www.nts.org.pk
3. The candidate can deposit Rs. 1000/- for IUB GAT General through online bank deposit slip in the prescribed branches.
4. The candidate are required to send the deposit slip of Rs. 1000/- to NTS, Islamabad on given address directly .
5. Roll Number slips for IUB Special GAT General can be downloaded from NTS Website www.nts.org.pk. Original CNIC is a mandatory
requirement for IUB Special GAT-General and it will be checked by the deputed staff for the verification purpose. Students will not be allowed
to enter in the Examination center without CNIC.
6. The candidates who have already passed and having valid GAT (General) result card issued by NTS, need not to register for IUB Special GAT-General.
7. For any query about the procedure of GAT-General, the candidates may visit NTS Website www.nts.org.pk.
Director Advanced Studies and Research Board
The Islamia University of Bahawalpur,
Abbasia Campus, Bahawalpur
Ph: 0092-62- 9250247
Email: pg.admission@iub .edu.pk