Information Technology University
Complete the sentences by choosing the most appropriate option, from the given lettered choices (A to D) below each.
1. Ali always seeks _____ wealth.
Each question below consists of a related pair of words, followed by five lettered pairs of words. Select the lettered pair that best expresses a relationship similar to that expressed in the original pair.
2. PAGE: BOOK::
A. sailors: crew
B. petal: flower
C. leaf: stalk
D. singers: chorus
Choose the lettered word or phrase that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the word in capital letters.
Choose the word most similar in meaning to the capitalized ones.
Read the passage to answer questions 5-6
The vast multitude of stars are wandering about in space. A few form groups which journey in company, but the majority are solitary travelers. And they travel through a universe so spacious that it is an event of almost unimaginable rarity for a star to come anywhere near to another star. For the most part each voyages in splendid isolation, like a ship on an empty ocean. In a scale model in which the stars are ships, the average ship will be well over a million miles from its nearest neighbor, whence it is easy to understand why a ship seldom finds another within hailing distance.
5. Which of the following is incorrect according to the passage?
A. Most of the stars travel in isolation
B. The universe is very large
C. A star very frequently comes near to another one
D. A star very rarely comes near to another one
E. Some stars travel in groups
6. In the passage the “ship” symbolizes:
An editor must choose five articles to be published in the upcoming issue of an arts review. The only articles available for publication are theater articles F, G, H and J, and dance articles K, L, M and O.
At least three of the five published articles must be dance articles.
If J is chosen, then M cannot be.
If F is chosen, then J must also be chosen.
7. If M is not chosen for the issue, which of the following must be chosen?
8. How many acceptable groupings of articles include J?
9. The choice of which article makes only one group of articles acceptable?
10. If G is chosen for the issue, which of the fol¬lowing must be true?
A. J is not chosen
B. Exactly three dance articles are chosen
C. H is not chosen
D. All four of the dance articles are chosen
E. F is not chosen
Travelers may enter and remain in the Republic for up to 59 days. If a traveler is to stay for more than seven days, however, a spe¬cial visa is required.
11. If the statements above are true, which of the following must also be true?
A. A traveler who is staying in the Republic for 14 days must have a special visa
B. Many travelers who stay in the Republic do not need visas
C. Some travelers who stay in the Republic for more than seven days do not have the appropriate visas
D. Travelers who stay less than seven days in the Republic do not need visas
E. Travelers who merely pass through the Republic while this route to other destinations do not need visas
12. 18 ÷ 0.04 =?
13. What is 0.1 percent expressed as a decimal?
14. is closest to:
16. A boy takes 3 minutes to read a story of 315 words. How many minutes will it take him to read a story of 945 words at the same rate?
17. The circumference of a circle whose diameter is 7 inches is approximately:
A. 22 inches
B. 28 inches
C. 38 inches
D. 154 inches
E. 14 inches
18. A complex number is an ordered pair of two:
A. Natural numbers
B. Rational numbers
C. Real numbers
D. Complex numbers
19. = _____.
20. = _____.
21. A rock is dropped from a high bridge. At the end of 3 seconds of free fall the speed of the rock is, in centimeters per second:
22. If the speed of an object is tripled, its kinetic energy is _____ times its original speed.
23. The term Brownian movement refers to:
A. irregular motions of small particles suspended in a fluid
B. convection currents in a liquid or gas
C. convection currents in a gas but not in a liquid
D. the stretching of a body beyond its elastic limit
E. the sinking of mercury in capillary tubes
24. Raw data is processed by the computer into:
A. Number sheets
25. Loading of operating system in a personal computer is called:
26. ______ is a Network of Networks.
D. All of the above
Q #. Right Choice