• Mount Olympus is in Greece.
• The mountain range in Russia that is regarded as the boundary b/w Europe & Asia is Urals.
• Margalla Hills of Islamabad are extension of Himaliya range.
• Ural mountains separate Asia from Europe.
• Ordovician are oldest rocks.
• Oldest mountain system are Araveli.
• Youngest mountain system are Himaliyas.
• Andes Mountains are in South America.
• Ring of Fire are volcanoes in Circum-Pacific Seismic belt.
• Alps are Europe’s largest mountain system.
• Atlas are North Africa’s mountain range. Atlas Mountains are in Morocco.
• The Himalaya mountain range (Asia) is the greatest mountain range in the world.
• Ayers Rock is the largest single rock in the world.
• Mauna kea volcano is in Hawaii
• What is the worlds longest mountain range-The Andes
• Black forest is a mountain in Germany.
• Rocky or Rockies Mountains is the largest mountain system of North America.
• Koh-i-Sultan is in Pakistan.
• Highest mountain system in the world is Himalayas.
• Sefid Koh is mountain range in Afghanistan.
• Blue Mountains are in Australia.
• Mauna Kea volcano is in Hawaii.
• What is the name of the second highest mountain in Africa-Mount Kenya
• In what modern country is mount Ararat-Turkey
• Most active volcano Italiana is situated in Hawaii.
• Mount Everest is in Himalaya range with height 29,028 feet first ascent made on May 29, 1953.
• K2 named Goodwin Austin or Chagori is in Karakoram Range with 28,250 ft height. First ascent made on July 31, 1954.
• Nanga Parbat is in Himalaya range is known as Killer Mountain with height 26,660 ft. First ascent was made on July 3, 1953.
• Broad Peak I is in Karakoram range with height 26,470.
• Tirich Mir is in Hindu Kush mountain.
• Prince Charles is mountain range in Antarctica.
• Zardak is the highest peak of Kirthar range.
• Where are the glasshouse mountains- Queensland Australia
World Mountains General Knowledge
Related Articles :
Follow by Email
Jobs Tests Syllabus
Past Exams Papers
MCQs Tests Preparation
Pakistan Affairs Current Affairs 2016 MCQs Pakistan Affairs Current Affairs 201 7 MCQs, 1. Mohenjo Darro and Harrapa were discovered in...
CSS 2016-2017 New Revised Compulsory Optional Subjects Syllabus FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION REVISED SCHEME OF CSS COMPETITIVE EXAM...
FPSC Advertisement no 1-2015 INSPECTOR INLAND REVENUES Jobs SEE NEW JOBS 2016 DETAILS HERE Case No/Job Title:F4-19/2015-R [ INSPECTOR INL...
ENGLISH Complete the sentences by choosing the most appropriate option, from the given choices (A to E) below each. 1. I en...
1. The speed of light with the rise in the temperature of the medium (1) Increases (2) Decreases (3) Remains unaltered (4) Drops sharpl...
FPSC Advertisement No. 6/2015 for the following posts has been displayed on FPSC’s website. Intending candidates are advised to visit the w...
PPSC Advertisement No 18-2015 TMO Preparation MCQs General Knowledge Pak Studies,Islamic Studies,Everyday Science,Urdu,English,Math are a...
Summary 10 th Class Try Again Written by W.E.Hickson This beautiful little poem has been written by William Edward Hick son....
1. who was the first President of the Constitution Assebmly? (a) Liaquat Ali Khan ( b) Quaid-e-Azam (c) Moulvi Tameez-ud-Din (d) Sardar Abdu...
Government of Pakistan National Accountability Bureau (NAB) (Recruitment Test) Deputy Director,Assistant Director,Junior Investigation ...