• Namni Pass is in Myanmar.
• Khunjerab Pass is highest pas in Pakistan.
• Alpine Pass is in USA.
• Lowari Pass is in Pakistan.
• Khojak tunnel is in Balouchistan.
• Bolan (Sulaiman range) pass is in Baluchistan.
• Kolpur pass is in Baluchistan.
• Shandur Pass is in Pakistan.
• Donner pass is in California (USA)
• Hispar & Biafo glacier is in Pakistan.
• Siachen glacier is in Karakoram Range.
• Baltoro gracier is in Karakoram Range.
• Chogo Lugma is in Karakoram range.
• Hispar glacier is in Hunza.
• Malaspina glacier is in Alaska (US),
• Tasman glacier is in New Zealand.
• Alpine is the highest mountain pass in the world.
• Siachen, batoro and chogo lugma glaciers are in Karakorum.
• April 1984, India conducted an Operation known as 'Operation Meghdoot’ to capture Siachen.
• Siachen Glacier is the Worlds Biggest Glacier outside the two Poles. It is also the world's Highest Glacier that is why it is refered to as "The Third Pole." It is also the World's Highest Battle Ground Ever
• Africa is without glaciers.
• Highest point of Asia is Mount Everest (Nepal-Tibet).
• Mount Aconcagua, highest peak in the western hemisphere, located in the Andes Mountains of western Argentina, near the border with Chile.
• Bodpo La pass is highest pass in Tibet (China) with height 19,412.
• Vesuvius is a volcano in Italy.
• Swat valley is in the mountain range of... hindukash
• Saddle peak is highest peak in Anandaman & Nicobar islands.
• Karoko tao is a volcano in Indonesia.
• Approximately the south west monsoon begins in Pakistan in late July.
Friday, March 7, 2014
General Knowledge of World Passes
Related Articles :
Follow by Email
Jobs Tests Syllabus
Past Exams Papers
MCQs Tests Preparation
CSS 2018 New Revised Compulsory Optional Subjects Syllabus FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION REVISED SCHEME OF CSS COMPETITIVE EXAMINATI...
ENGLISH Complete the sentences by choosing the most appropriate option, from the given choices (A to E) below each. 1. I en...
FPSC Advertisement no 1-2015 INSPECTOR INLAND REVENUES Jobs SEE NEW JOBS 2016 DETAILS HERE Case No/Job Title:F4-19/2015-R [ INSPECTOR INL...
1. The speed of light with the rise in the temperature of the medium (1) Increases (2) Decreases (3) Remains unaltered (4) Drops sharpl...
FPSC Advertisement No. 6/2015 for the following posts has been displayed on FPSC’s website. Intending candidates are advised to visit the w...
1. who was the first President of the Constitution Assebmly? (a) Liaquat Ali Khan ( b) Quaid-e-Azam (c) Moulvi Tameez-ud-Din (d) Sardar Abdu...
Summary 10 th Class Try Again Written by W.E.Hickson This beautiful little poem has been written by William Edward Hick son....
PPSC Advertisement No 18-2015 TMO Preparation MCQs General Knowledge Pak Studies,Islamic Studies,Everyday Science,Urdu,English,Math are a...
Pakistan Affairs Current Affairs 2016 MCQs Pakistan Affairs Current Affairs 201 7 MCQs, 1. Mohenjo Darro and Harrapa were discovered in ...