Complete the sentences by choosing the most appropriate word, from the given lettered choices (A to D) below each.
1. Almost everyone has trouble ______ at one time or another.
B. for sleeping
Each question below consists of a related pair of words, followed by five lettered pairs of words. Select the lettered pair that best expresses a relationship similar to that expressed in the original pair.
2. PAGE: BOOK::
A. sailors: crew
B. petal: flower
C. leaf: stalk
D. singers: chorus
Choose the lettered word or phrase that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the word in capital letters.
Choose the word most similar in meaning to the capitalized ones.
Read the passage to answer question 5-6
In the late seventeenth century, a transformation began that would make coffee one of the most popular drinks in Europe. The coffeehouse-meeting place of bankers, dissidents, artists, merchants, poets, wits, and rogues was in some ways the cradle of modern Europe. Coffee would change, in less than a century, from the drink of a few princes and a few paupers to the chief social beverage of the rising middle class.
5. The word “transformation” is closest in meaning to:
6. The word “rogues” refers to a type of:
7. Teaching strategy in which learner actually engages in resolving problems is called:
A. Small group discussion
B. Interactive teaching
C. Expository teaching
D. Inquiry teaching
8. The easiest way to foster personal relationship with students is:
A. Coming to class 5 to 10 minutes early
B. Starting a dialogue
C. Learning their names
D. Giving them prizes
IT Skills (15%)
9. Loading of operating system in a personal computer is called:
10. How will you define ‘Internet’ in the simplest way?
A. very large network
B. global network of networks
C. network of computers in a city
D. all of the above
General Knowledge/Current Affairs (10%)
13. Event of Miraj took place on:
A. 27th Ramzan
B. 12 Rabi ul Awal
C. 27th Rajab
D. 10 Shawal
14. Najashi was King of:
15. Who was the first president of All India Muslim League?
A. Sir Agha Khan
B. Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah
C. Nawab Saleem Ullah Khan
D. Nawab Waqar-ul-Mulk
E. Allama Muhammad Iqbal
1 6. When was Sui Gas first discovered in Pakistan?