1. When did the Sindh assembly decided to join Pakistan?
Ans. June 26, 1947
2. By which margin the Sindh assembly decided to join Pakistan?
Ans. by 33 to 20 votes
3. Who were the members of the Steering Committee of the Partition Council in the Center?
Ans. Ch. Muhammad Ali and H.M. Patel
4. What was the description of the border between the East and the West Bengal?
Ans. "The new frontier would run approximately north-south from the Himalayan foothills, east of Darjeeling to the Ganges delta on the Bay of Bengal, leaving East Bengal in Pakistan and West Bengal in India"
5. What was the population of Bengal before partition in 1947?
6. What was the area of Bengal before partition in 1947?
Ans. 77000 Sq. miles
7. What was the estimate of the former Bengali population in both East and Wast Bengal after partition in 1947?
Ans. 35.14% in West Bengal and 64.86% in East Bengal
8. Who was the Chairman of both the Boundary Commissions?
Ans. Sir Cyril Radcliffe
9. Who were the members of Boundary Commission?
Ans. Mr. Justice Din Muhammad, Mr. Justice Muhammad Munir, Mr. Justice Mehrchand Mahajan, Mr. Justice Teja Singh.
10. How long did the Boundary Commission work?
Ans. From 21-07-1947 to 30-07-1947
11. According to Justice Muhammad Munir, by which date the award had been finalized?
Ans. Aug. 8, 1947
12. When was the Boundary Commission Award Announced?
13. Where was Mr. Radcliff staying between Aug. 8 and Aug. 17, 1947?
Ans. In New Delhi as a guest of Lord Mountbatten.
14. Who was the last Governor of the undivided Punjab?
Ans. Sir Even Jenkins
15. Who was the first Governor of the West Punjab?
Ans. Sir Francis Mudie
16. Sir Francis Mudie found a sketch map left over in the confidential safe at Government House, Lahore. What was it about?
Ans. This sketch map was the advance information provided to Sir Even Jenkins by the Radcliff award commission on the possible boundary line of Punjab.
17. How this sketch map differed from the actual Award announced on Aug. 17, 1947?
Ans. According to this sketch map the tehsil of Ferozepur and Zira was to be assigned to Pakistan, but in actual Award it was assigned to India.
18. According to a publication of Manchester Guardian in 1950, Gurdaspur was assigned to India possibly owing to pressure from Lord Mountbatten. Why India needed Gurdaspur so badly?
Ans. It was the sole land route to Kashmir, which India had planned to occupy.
19. How many Princely States were in undivided India?
20. According to 1941 census, what was the total population of all the princely states?
Ans. 93 million
21. What was the total area of the princely states?
Ans. 712000 Sq. miles
22. When was a conference of the Princely States rulers held in Delhi before the announcement of Partition Plan?
Ans. July 25, 1947
23. What was the direction given to the rulers of the Princely States by Mountbatten in the Delhi Conference?
Ans.Join, either Pakistan or India
24. Which 3 States had failed to decide accession issue by 15th August, 1947?
Ans. Hyderabad, Junagadh and Kashmir
25. How was the decision of joining Pakistan reached by the British Baluchistan?
Ans. A jirga (assembly) of all the tribal chiefs of the British Baluchistan met on June 29, 1947 and unanimously decided to join Pakistan.
26. Which was the largest state in Baluchistan?
27. When was the announcement of accession of Kalat to Pakistan was made?
Ans. April 2, 1948
28. What was the area of the State of Kalat?
Ans. 75000 sq. miles
29. What was the population of the State of Kalat?
30. When did the rulers of the states of Kalat, Las Bela , Makran and Kharan agreed to form a single State Union?
Ans. April 1952
31. Which new provinces were constituted under the Indian Independence Act, 1947, (after being defined in Sir Cyril Radcliffe's boundary award)?
Ans. East Bengal and West Punjab
32. What was the population of the undivided Punjab?
33. What was
the area of the undivided Punjab?
34. Which districts of the Punjab province were allotted to the newly constituted Western Punjab province?
Ans. In Lahore Division, Lahore, Gujranwala, Sheikhupura, Sialkot. In Rawalpindi Division, Rawalpindi, Attock, Jhelum, and Shahpur. In Multan Division, Multan, Dera Ghazi Khan, Lyallpur, Montgomery and Muzaffargarh.
35. What was the area of the West Punjab?
Ans. 62,100 Sq. miles
36. What was the population of West Punjab as per the 1941 census?
37. What was the percentage of Muslims in West Punjab?
38. When did polling take place in N.W.F.P for referendum on the question of union with Pakistan or India?
Ans. July 6, 1947
39. How many votes were cast in favor of both Pakistan and India in the NWFP referendum?
Ans. 289,244 for Pakistan and 2874 for India
40. Which organization in N.W.F.P boycotted the referendum and who was the founder of this organization?
Ans. Redshirts, Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan
41. Which two States decided to merge in Pakistan on 4th October, 1947?
Ans. Bahawalpur and Khairpur
42. When were the States of Bahawalpur and Khairpur formally merged in Pakistan?
Ans. 7th and 12th October, 1947
43. Who was the Prime Minister of the State of Bahawalpur?
Ans. Mushtaq Ahmed Gurmani
44. What was the population of Bahawalpur state?
45. What was the area of Bahawalpur state?
Ans. 16,500 Sq. miles
46. Which district of Assam voted in favour of joining Pakistan on July 6, 1947?
47. Which three Frontier States acceded to Pakistan?
Ans. Chitral, Dir and Swat
48. When did the Punjab Legislative Assembly decided in favour of the partition of the province?
Ans. June 23, 1947
49. What was the verdict of the Punjab Assembly?
Ans. 91 members (including three non-Muslims) voted in favour of joining a new Constituent Assembly, while 77 (Hindus, Sikhs and Scheduled Caste representatives) voted in favour of entering the existing Constituent Assembly, if the Province remained united.
50. When did the Bengal Legislative Assembly meet to decide on the question of partition of Bengal?
Ans. June 20, 1947
Pakistan Studies Solved Questions Papers
Related Articles :
Follow by Email
Jobs Tests Syllabus
Past Exams Papers
MCQs Tests Preparation
Pakistan Affairs Current Affairs 2016 MCQs Pakistan Affairs Current Affairs 201 7 MCQs, 1. Mohenjo Darro and Harrapa were discovered in...
CSS 2016-2017 New Revised Compulsory Optional Subjects Syllabus FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION REVISED SCHEME OF CSS COMPETITIVE EXAM...
ENGLISH Complete the sentences by choosing the most appropriate option, from the given choices (A to E) below each. 1. I en...
FPSC Advertisement No. 6/2015 for the following posts has been displayed on FPSC’s website. Intending candidates are advised to visit the w...
1. The speed of light with the rise in the temperature of the medium (1) Increases (2) Decreases (3) Remains unaltered (4) Drops sharpl...
PPSC Advertisement No 18-2015 TMO Preparation MCQs General Knowledge Pak Studies,Islamic Studies,Everyday Science,Urdu,English,Math are a...
FPSC Advertisement no 1-2015 INSPECTOR INLAND REVENUES Jobs Case No/Job Title:F4-19/2015-R [ INSPECTOR INLAND REVENUES ] Ministry/Depart...
Summary 10 th Class Try Again Written by W.E.Hickson This beautiful little poem has been written by William Edward Hick son....
Government of Pakistan National Accountability Bureau (NAB) (Recruitment Test) Deputy Director,Assistant Director,Junior Investigation ...
1. who was the first President of the Constitution Assebmly? (a) Liaquat Ali Khan ( b) Quaid-e-Azam (c) Moulvi Tameez-ud-Din (d) Sardar Abdu...