• Length of Indus is 2900 km.
• Source of Indus is Mansoorowar Lake in Gilgit.
• Muztag pass connects Gilgit-Yarkand (China).
• Khankum Pass connects Chitral-Wakhan (Afghanistan)
• The Shandur Pass connects Chitral and Gilgit.
• Khyber Pass connects Peshawar-Kabul
• Kulk pass connects Gilgit-China.
• Bolan pass connects Queta-Afghanistan.
• Tochi pass connects Pak:-China.
• Length of Silk Rourte (Korakorum Route) is 965 km.
• Geneva Pact was signed on 14th April, 1988.
• Simpla Pact was singed on 3rd July, 1972.
• Numb: of words in anthem=50.
• Numb: of lines in anthem=15.
• Numb: of ammendements made 17.
• Numb: of troops in a division are 12000 to 20,000.
• Numb: of troops in brigade is 4000 to 5000.
• Barrages built on Indus = 8.
• Tarbela dam is in NWFP (Abotabad) on Indus river.(Largest)
• Mangla dam is in AJK on Jehlum River(Highest)
• Warsak dam is in NWFP near Peshawar on Kabul river.
• Direct dialing system was introduced b/w Lahore and Rawalpindi for first time in 1964.
• Rivers of Pakistan----- Punjab== Ravi+Chanab+Sutlaj.
• :::: Sindh ===Indus, Hub.
• NWFP==Kabul, Sawat, Zhob.
• Baluchistan is 43% of total Pak:.
• Geographical divisions of Pak: are 1.Northern Mountains, 2. Western off-shoots of Himalayas, 3. Baluchistan Plateau, 4. Potohar Plateau & Salt range, 5. Lower Indus Plain, 6. Thar desert.
• Pak: has 3 stock exchanges (confirm it).
• Broad Peak I is on Karokarum range.
• Colonel Sher Khan belonged to Sindh Regement.
• Kot Diji is a fort in Khairpur.
• Ancient mosque of Pak: is at Bhambhor.
• Time taken to sing National Anthem is 1 minute, 20 sec.
• Instruments used are 38.
• Texila is in Punjab and NWFP.
• Rashid Minhas martyred in August 1971.
• Mangla dam is on river Jehlum.
• Old name of Supreme Court is Federal Court.
• 10 persons have received Nishan-e-Hyder.
• Kharif (Summer Season) crops include—Cotton, rice, sugar cane, maize, Jaur and Bajra.
• Rabi (Winter OCT-March) crops are wheat, gram, barley and tobacco.
• Jhat Pat is the old name of Dera Allah Yar.
• There are 7 rivers in Baluchistan.
• Mast Tawakkal was the poet of Balochi.
• Khanpur dam is near Haripur.
• Skardu is also called “Little Tibet”.
• Swat became part of Pakistan in 1969.
• The most precious gemstone “Emerald” are found in Swat.
• Gilgit is the capital of Northern Areas of Pak:
• Khushhal Khan belonged to English period.
• The alphabet of Pushto was prepared by Saifullah.
• First poet of Pushto was Amir Karar.
• Saiful Maluk is near Naran.
• Dera Adam khan is famous for Gun factory.
• Durand line is b/w Peshawar and Afghanistan.
• Pakistan Forest Institution is located in Peshawar.
• Bala Hassan Fort was built by Babrat at Peshawar.
• Saidu Sharif is a lake in NWFP.
• British took Peshawar from Sikhs.
• Population-wise NWFP stands 3rd.
• Area-wise it is 4th.
• Lands down Bridge connect Sukkur with Rohri.
• Guddu Barrage was completed in 1932.
• Real name of Qalandar Lal Shahbaz is Shaikh Usman Marvindi.
• In 1973 constitution there are 290 articles.
• Pak: comprises of 61% of mountainous area.
• National Assembly has 342 seats & Senate has 100 seats with 14 for each province.
• Provincial Assembly seats Punjab=371, Sindh=168, NWFP=124, Baluchistan=65.
• Name of Ustad Bukhari is Syed Ahmed Shah.
• Real name of Shaikh Ayaz is Shaikh Mubarak.
• Barrages on Indus are Toonsa, Jinnah, Sukkur, Gudo, Kotri & Ghulam Mohd:.
• Ports and harbours are Kimari (Kar: ), Bin Qasim (Kar: ),
• Jinnah Naval Base (ormara), Gawadar (Baluc: ), Panjgore (Baluch: ).
• Deserts of Pak: Thar (Sindh), Thal (Punjab), Cholistan (Punjab).
• Famous glaciers are Siachen, Batura, Baltoro.
• K2 (Karakurum Range) with 8610 meters.
• Mountain Ranges are Himaliya, Koradoram, Hindu Kash, Sulaiman and Salt Range.
• Tomb of Babur is in Kabul.
• Real name of Noor Jahan (Wife of Jahangir) was Mehrun Nisa.
• NADRA was setup in Feb: 16, 2000.
• The master plan of Islamabad was prepared in 1960 by MIS Constructinos Doxiades (of Greek).
• National Institute of Oceanlogy Karachi =1982.
• Pak: test fired Ghauri missile in April 6, 1998.
Pakistan Geography Solved MCQS
Related Articles :
Follow by Email
Jobs Tests Syllabus
Past Exams Papers
MCQs Tests Preparation
CSS 2016-2017 New Revised Compulsory Optional Subjects Syllabus FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION REVISED SCHEME OF CSS COMPETITIVE EXAM...
FPSC Advertisement no 1-2015 INSPECTOR INLAND REVENUES Jobs SEE NEW JOBS 2016 DETAILS HERE Case No/Job Title:F4-19/2015-R [ INSPECTOR INL...
ENGLISH Complete the sentences by choosing the most appropriate option, from the given choices (A to E) below each. 1. I en...
1. The speed of light with the rise in the temperature of the medium (1) Increases (2) Decreases (3) Remains unaltered (4) Drops sharpl...
FPSC Advertisement No. 6/2015 for the following posts has been displayed on FPSC’s website. Intending candidates are advised to visit the w...
PPSC Advertisement No 18-2015 TMO Preparation MCQs General Knowledge Pak Studies,Islamic Studies,Everyday Science,Urdu,English,Math are a...
Summary 10 th Class Try Again Written by W.E.Hickson This beautiful little poem has been written by William Edward Hick son....
1. who was the first President of the Constitution Assebmly? (a) Liaquat Ali Khan ( b) Quaid-e-Azam (c) Moulvi Tameez-ud-Din (d) Sardar Abdu...
Government of Pakistan National Accountability Bureau (NAB) (Recruitment Test) Deputy Director,Assistant Director,Junior Investigation ...