• Kotli is the city of Azad Kashmir.
• The SOS village built in Faisalabad.
• Pakistan celebrated Quaid’s year in 2001.
• Pakistani Cricketer Saeed Anwar declared to join Afghan Jehad.
• Maulana Shibly wrote books on Islamic History.
• The first translation of the Holy Quran was in Sindhi.
• Qutab Minar is in Delhi.
• Cholistan Desert is in Bahawalpur.
• Pakistan can be divided per climate into 4 regions.
• Hashim Shah wrote Sassi Punnu.
• The British Communal Award was announced in 1932.
• Land between two rivers is called Do, aba.
• Shah Jahan Constructed Jamia Masjid Thatta.
• Sindh River flows from Bolan River.
• Kohat is the oldest cantonment of Pakistan.
• Muslims were interested in the art of Calligraphy.
• The length of Durand Line is 2240 km.
• The length of Pakistan’s common border with Iran is 805 km.
• Chinese province adjoining Pakistan is Sinkiang.
• Jinnah Barrage is originated on the river Sindh.
• The height of Tarbela Dam is 500 feet.
• Wah city of Pakistan is linked with cement, arms and ammunition industry.
• Sukkur barrage is completed in 1932.
• Khanpur Dam is near Islamabad.
• Simly Lake is near Islamabad.
• Tanda Dam is located in NWFP.
• Khanpur Dam irrigates Attock and Abbotabad.
• Sassi was born in Bhutta Wahan.
• Baba Farid Shakar Gunj died at Pakpattan in 1265.
• Nishtar hospital is the largest hospital in Pakistan.
• Sahiwal is the new name of ‘Montgomery’.
• Noor Mahal is located at Bahawalpur.
• The founder of Suharwardi silsila in Pakistan is Rukn-e-Alam.
• Baheshti Darwaza is located in Pakpattan.
• The tomb of Anarkali is situated in at Lahore.
• Shahjehan built Shalimar Garden.
• Hazrat Data Gunj Baksh came in Lahore in 1039 A.D. from the city of Ghazni.
• Minar-e-Pakistan is also called Minto park
• Data Ganj Baksh is the author of Kashful Mahjoob.
• Badshaahi mosque was built in 1674.
• The construction of Islamabad began in 1952.
• Sher Shah built G.T. Road.
• Imperial Highway is the old name of G.T. Road.
• Karakoram highway passes through 3 ranges.
• Nanga Parbat is commonly known as Killer Mountain.
• Karakoram highway was completed in 1978.
• Karakoram was completed in the total period of 20 years.
• The word Karakoram means ‘crumbling rock’.
• Karakoram is a Turkish word.
• Karakoram highway passes through khunjrab pass.
• Punial is said to be the place where ‘heaven and earth meet’.
• Siachin glacier is located near Astor.
• Hunza is called real Shangrilla.
• Khyber Pass connects Gilgit with Chitral.
• Totally Punjab has 8 divisions.
• The contribution of forestry to the agriculture sector is 0.4%.
• Use of Boron and Zink can improve cotton yield.
• National Arid and Land Development and Research Institute is located at Islamabad.
• Arid Zone Research Centre of PARC is situated at Quetta.
• Thar Coalfield is the biggest coalfield of Pakistan.
• An M-1 motorway is Islamabad-Peshawar.
• NEC (company) set up Pakistan’s first T.V. station.
• 3 radio stations were working at the time of partition.
• Total length of Indus Highway is
• The new name of Debal is ‘Bhanbhore’.
• Gharo Creek is a lake.
• Kalakot Fort is situated near Thatta.
• Ranjit Singh sold Kashmir for 75 Lakhs.
• Poonch, a state of Kashmir, fought with Dogra by obtaining arms from tribal areas.
• 10 seats are reserved for non-muslims in National Assembly.
• Frank Meseri was the first C-in-C of Armed Forces.
• The religion of Tamil is Hinduism.
• There is only one female university in Pakistan.
• Kohat is the oldest cantonment of the country.
• Shalimar Garden was built in 1642 A.D.
• Faisalabad is commonly known as little Manchester.
• Harrappa is located at Sahiwal.
• The tomb of jehangir is located a Shahdara.
• Tomb of Noor Jehan is located at Lahore.
• Attock Fort was built byAkbar.
• Heer Ranjha was written by Waris Shah.
• Sohni Mahiwal was written by Hashim Shah.
• Sindh is called Bab-ul-Islam.
• Chack was the father of Raja Dahir.
• Keti Bunder is the name of a coastal area.
• French Beach is located at Karachi.
• Ranikot Fort is located near Hyderabad.
• Kotri b
arrage was built in 1955.
• Al Mawardi was born in Basra.
• Nizam-ul-Mulk tusi was famous for his wisdom.
• “USA is ruled by a power elite,” said C.Wright Mills.
• Hub dam supplies electricity to Sindh.
• The number of divisions in the province of Sindh is five.
• Total districts in the province of Sindh are 22.
• Naib Subedar is the lowest commissioned officer of Pakistan Army.
• River Kabul joins Indus river at Attock.
• Meerani Dam is under construction near Turbat.
• Chashma right bank canal on the Indus River provides water for Jhelum River.
• Jinnah station was established in continent Asia on January 25th, 1991.
• National institute of silicon technology was established in 1991.
• Rawalpindi, a region of Punjab, is free from the problem of water logging.
• Jhelum River joins Chenab River near Trimmu.
• River Ravi originates in the Indian state of Hamachel Pradesh.
• Chashma barrage was built in 1971 on river Indus.
• Warsak dam was built in 1960 on river Kabul.
• Rawal dam was built in 1965 on river Kurang.
• Pakistan’s oldest archaeological site is situated near Larkana.
• Ayoub Park covers an area of 2300 acres.
• Khewra is the main source of gypsum in Pakistan.
• Sainadak is famous for copper, silver and gold.
• Attock oil refinery is located in Rawalpindi.
• 43% of the gas is obtained from Sui.
• Peshawar means ‘city of flowers’.
• Lahore Fort was built in 1560.
• National singer, Noor Jehan, died on 23rd December, 2000.
• Taxila is located b/w Jehlum and Indus.
• Mahbub-ul-Haq Human Development Center is locates at Islamabad.
• Nasirabad region of Balochistan will be irrigated through Kachi cananl.
• The district of the country having lowest population density is: Kharan
• In violation of lndus Basin Treaty 1960, India has constructed Wullar barrage on River Jhelum.
• Water -flows of the river are diverted to Wuller Barrage through the construction of Kishanganga Dam.
• India is constructing Kishanganga Dam in Baramula.
• India has constructed “Baglihar Dam” in occupied Kashmir`s district of Doda.
• AKHORI DAM. Location. Across Nandnakas near Akhori village about 28 KM east of Attock Punjab.
• Wakhan is a narrow strip of land which separates Afghanistan from Pakistan.
• Hoysals was a Kingdom of South during Ala-ud-Din Khilji’s period.
• Raja Tarangini is a book on history of Kashmir written by Pandit Kachan.
• Koshak-e-Siri was the name of the Palace of Ala-ud-Din.
• Ustad Isa was the Chief Architect of Taj Mahal Agra.
• Mahabat Khan was a renowned General of Jahangir. He arrested Jahangir and Noor Jahan.
• Malik Kafur was a General of Ala-ud-Din Khilji. He conquered Deccan.
• Alai Darwaza was the structure constructed by Ala-ud-Din Khilji near Qutb Minar in 1311 A.D.
• Tehrik-e-Alfi was a history written by a team of historians during the reign of Akbar.
Friday, September 13, 2013
Geography of Pakistan MCQS
Related Articles :
Follow by Email
Jobs Tests Syllabus
Past Exams Papers
MCQs Tests Preparation
CSS 2018 New Revised Compulsory Optional Subjects Syllabus FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION REVISED SCHEME OF CSS COMPETITIVE EXAMINATI...
ENGLISH Complete the sentences by choosing the most appropriate option, from the given choices (A to E) below each. 1. I en...
FPSC Advertisement no 1-2015 INSPECTOR INLAND REVENUES Jobs SEE NEW JOBS 2016 DETAILS HERE Case No/Job Title:F4-19/2015-R [ INSPECTOR INL...
1. The speed of light with the rise in the temperature of the medium (1) Increases (2) Decreases (3) Remains unaltered (4) Drops sharpl...
FPSC Advertisement No. 6/2015 for the following posts has been displayed on FPSC’s website. Intending candidates are advised to visit the w...
Summary 10 th Class Try Again Written by W.E.Hickson This beautiful little poem has been written by William Edward Hick son....
PPSC Advertisement No 18-2015 TMO Preparation MCQs General Knowledge Pak Studies,Islamic Studies,Everyday Science,Urdu,English,Math are a...
1. who was the first President of the Constitution Assebmly? (a) Liaquat Ali Khan ( b) Quaid-e-Azam (c) Moulvi Tameez-ud-Din (d) Sardar Abdu...
Pakistan Affairs Current Affairs 2016 MCQs Pakistan Affairs Current Affairs 201 7 MCQs, 1. Mohenjo Darro and Harrapa were discovered in ...