Q.1. (i) Select the best option/answer and fill in the appropriate Circle on the OMR Answer Sheet. (20x1=20)
(ii) Answers given anywhere, other than OMR Answer Sheet, shall not be considered.
1. In which way behaviour is different from mental processes?
(a)Introspection (b)Observation (c) Research (d)Psychoanalysis
2. Who is particularly interested in studying patternsof behaviour, beliefs and values which are shared by
(a)Social Psychologist (b)Experimental Psychologist(c) Clinical Psychologist (d)Psychoanalyst
3. Who believed that mind is composed of senses, ideas, images and feelings?
(a)William James (b)Titchner (c) Carl Rogers (d)Wundt
4. Which perspectives of psychology focuses on determining the extent to which psychological
characteristics such as memory, intelligence or emotionality are influenced by heredity?
(a)Neuroscience (b)Biogenic (c) Cognitive (d)Socio-cultural
5. Which of the following relates to disorders in comprehension or production of speech?
(a)Dysphasia (b)Aphasia (c) Broca’s area (d)All of these
6. Which lobe of the brain is involved in planning, decision making and some aspects of language?
(a)Frontal (b)Parietal (c) Temporal (d)Occipital
7. Which neurotransmitter plays an important role in the experience of pleasure?
(a)Serotonin (b)Dopamine (c) Nor-epinephrine (d)Acetylcholine
8. The hormone cortisol produced by adrenal gland is responsible for which of the given functions?
(a)Reducing the body activity to take rest (b)Activating body to prepare for the stressful situation
(c) Balancing the homeostasis (d)Planning and decision making
9. The process through which a leaned response stops occurring due to the non-availability of
reinforcement is called:
(a)Spontaneous recovery (b)Generalization (c) Punishment (d)Extinction
10. When a teacher appreciates his students every time they ask questions with the hope that this will enable
them to handle more technical questions in future is using which type of conditioning?
(a)Classical conditioning (b)shaping (c) Modeling (d)Reinforcing
11. In classical conditioning the organism creates an association between:
(a)Two situations (b)Two consequences (c) Two responses (d)Two stimuli
12. Which area of hypothalamus is responsible for satiety behaviour?
(a)Lateral hypothalamus (b)Ventromedial hypothalamus (c) Hyperphagia (d) Antidiuretic hormone
13. Which of the following is not a characteristic of self actualized people according to Maslow?
(a)They live creatively and fully using their potentials
(b)They have efficient perceptions of reality, selfand others
(c) They are sensitive to fake and dishonest
(d)They feel ashamed of their negative emotions
14. According to Freud’s theory, the process through which individuals release their excessive aggressive
energy is called:
(a)Dream work (b)Psychoanalysis (c) Catharsis (d)Slips of tongue
15. A layer of nerve cells at the back of the eye whichconverts light waves into electrical impulses is
(a)Retina (b)Fovea (c) Cornea (d)Iris
16. The process through which brain uses the two retinal images into one three dimensionalperception is
(a)Depth perception (b)Binocular cues (c) Stereopsis (d)Retinal disparity
17. Which of the following is not an attribute of extroversion in the ‘Big Five Factors’ Theory of
(a)Sociable (b)Talkative (c) Self-conscious (d)Affectionate
18. Which part of personality opposes the irrational desires of id according to Freud’s Psychoanalytic
Theory of Personality?
(a)Ego (b)Psychic energy (c) Super ego (d)Libido
19. A psychological test is good only when it measures what it is supposed to measure. This statement
refers to which of the following?
(a)Degree to which it is objective, precise and short
(b)Degree to which it is consistent across several administrations
(c) Degree to which it is norm based
(d)Degree to which it is psychometrically sound
20. Which aspect of social interaction is measured by the theory of planned behaviour?
(a)Group Formation (b)Attachment (c) Socialization (d)Attitudes
NOTE: (i) Part-IIis to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
(ii)Candidate must write Q. No.in the Answer Bookin accordance with Q. No.in the Q. Paper.
(iii)Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
(iv) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q.2. How did theorists belonging to functionalism definepsychology? How did
functionalism influence psychology as the science of behaviour and mental processes?
Q.3. Discuss role of brain in the experience of emotions. (20)
Q.4. How do individual and cultural factors influence our perception? Discuss with
Q.5. Define operant conditioning. How the processes involved in operant conditioning
influence our everyday learning experiences? Justify your argument with examples.
Q.6. Compare and contrast any two theories of attitude formation. Highlight their
drawbacks as well.
Q.7. What is the rational behind using projective tests of personality? How TAT and
Rorschach Ink Blot test are different in terms of their structure and psychometric
Q.8. Write short notes on any FOURof the following: (5 each)
(a)Causes of illusions (b)Defense mechanisms
(c)Latent learning (d)Interference theory of learning
(e)Affiliation motive (f)Agents of socialization