Q.1. (i) Select the best option/answer and fill in the appropriate Circle on the OMR Answer Sheet. (20x1=20)
(ii) Answers given anywhere, other than OMR Answer Sheet, shall not be considered.
1. In his first voyage to the New World, Christopher Columbus first landed in:
(a)Cuba (b)Trinidad (c) Bahamas (d)None of these
2. Pinckney’s Treaty was signed by the U.S. with:
(a)Britain (b)France (c) Spain (d)None of these
3. Burr Conspiracy took place in the time of:
(a)Washington (b)Jefferson (c) Jackson (d)None of these
4. Nullification crisis was about:
(a)Tariffs (b)Slavery (c) New states (d)None of these
5. Gadsden Pinchase took place in:
(a)1852 (b)1843 (c) 1875 (d)None of these
6. Louisiana Pinchase lost the U.S.:
(a)$16 million (b)$18 million (c) $15 million (d)None of these
7. Monticello is located in:
(a)Virginia (b)Washington (c) Maryland (d)None of these
8. Lewis and Clark were sent on an expedition by:
(a)Washington (b)Jefferson (c) Adams (d)None of these
9. Harriet Becher Stowe got renown by writing about:
(a)Revolution (b)Social evils (c) Slavery (d)None of these
10. Which of the following presidents served in U.S. army as General?
(a)William Harrison (b)Zachary Taylor (c) Wlysses Grant (d)All of these (e)None of these
11. Charles Lindbergh was a famous:
(a)Senator (b)Author (c) Pilot (d)All of these (e)None of these
12. “Model T” was introduced by:
(a)Ford (b)Carnegie (c) Gompers (d)None of these
13. Which of the following Presidents were also Vice-President?
(a)Andrew Johnson (b)Richard Nixon (c) Lyndon Johnson (d)All of these (e)None of these
14. D-Day was:
(a)June 9, 1944 (b)March 6, 1945 (c) June 6, 1944 (d)None of these
15. An important Anglo-American Conference took place in January 1943 at:
(a)Cairo (b)Casablanca (c) Normandy (d)None of these
16. George Marshall delivered his Marshall Plan speech at:
(a)LINO (b)Congress (c) Harvard University (d)None of these
17. President Kennedy was assassinated in:
(a)Houston (b)New Orleans (c) Memphis (d)None of these
18. Man landed on the moon on:
(a)21 July 1969 (b)19 September 1969 (c) 21 October 1968 (d)None of these
19. 60s in America were known for:
(a)New left (b)Counter culture (c) Vietnam war (d)All of these (e)None of these
20. U.S. supported Contra rebels against the government of:
(a)Honduras (b)Cuba (c) Nicaragua (d)None of these
NOTE: (i) Part-IIis to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
(ii)Candidate must write Q. No.in the Answer Bookin accordance with Q. No.in the Q. Paper.
(iii)Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
(iv) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q.2. Discuss Thomas Jefferson as President,politician and political theorist. (20)
Q.3. Discuss the impact of Jackson presidency on American politics of the time. (20)
Q.4. Examine the events and developments that pushed the American Nation towards the
Q.5. Discuss the internal and external factors that let the U.S. on an imperialist path at the
end of the 19th century.
Q.6. Discuss the American efforts to build a New World Order after the end of the Cold
war. Comment on its success or failure.
Q.7. Critically examine U.S. role as a peace maker in the post-Cold war era, with particular
reference to the Balkans and South Asia.
Q.8. Write concise notes on any TWO of the following:
(a)Benjamin Franklin (b)Marbury vs Madison
(c)Korean war (d)Watergate scandal
(2 x 10=20)