Q.1. (i)Select the best option/answer and fill in the appropriate Circle on the OMR Answer Sheet. (20x1=20)
(ii) Answers given anywhere, other than OMR Answer Sheet, shall not be considered.
1. The framers of the American Constitution adopted the method of the powers between
centre and the state government.
(a)Balancing (b)Concentrating (c)Distributing (d)None of these
2. The Vice President of USA is alsoinvited to attend the meetings of President’s Cabinet under .
(a)Law (b)Constitution (c)Convention (d)None of these
3. Outstanding characteristic of the American Constitution is of the powers and functions of
the three principals organs.
(a)Amalgamation (b)Separation (c)Ameliorating (d)None of these
4. The newly elected President is inaugurated on 20
January since the passage of amendment of
(a)Seventeenth (b)Eleventh (c)Twentieth (d)None of these
5. The Presidential candidate losing a State election by even a narrow margin forfeits the
electorate votes of the Sates.
(a)Half (b)All (c)Proportional (d)None of these
6. In UK the leadership of the House of Commons vests with the Prime Minister, whereas in USA the
leads the House of Representatives.
(a)Lord Chancellor (b)Speaker (c)Kings Representative (d)None of these
7. The first Speaker known to have been chosen in 1377 was:
(a)Sir William Martin (b)Sir Lowell Arnold (c)Thomas Hungerford (d)None of these
8. General elections in UK are held within of the dissolution ofsitting Parliament.
(a)90 days (b)60 days (c)20 days (d)None of these
9. The House of Lord has also to exercise Jurisdiction.
(a)Advisory (b)Appellate (c)Preemptive (d)None of these
10. The Court of Appeal in the system of British Judiciary was set up by an Act of 1907 to hear appeals from
the verdict of Jury in .
(a)Civil proceedings (b)Matrimonial issues (c)Criminal trial (d)None of these
11. The first chapter of the Constitution of France on might well be called the “testament of De-Gaullism”.
(a)Sovereignty (b)President (c)Elections (d)None of these
12. Under the French Constitution International treaties are negotiated by the .
(a)Parliamentary Council (b)Council of Premier (c)Executive Council (d)None of these
13. The Constitution of Russian Federation as approved by Boris Yeltsin and later by a nation wide
Referendum came into force on .
(a)December 12. 1993 (b)December 15, 1993 (c)December 17, 1993 (d)None of these
14. Indian Federal Structure is under the exclusive subordination of .
(a)President of India (b)Rajia Sabha (c)Council of Ministers of State (d)None of these
15. Precedents of Supreme Court of India are binding on:
(a)High Courts (b)Constitutional Court of India
(c)Courts created under Indian Act of 1935 (d)None of these
16. Definition of the State ‘Pakistan’ under Article-7 of the Constitution of 1973 includes:
(a)Azad Kashmir (b)State Judiciary (c)Province of Punjab (d)None of these
17. Majlis-e-Shoora (Parliament) may by law admit into the federation.
(a)New State (b)Areas of High Seas (c)No Man land (d)None of these
18. The words Majlis-e-Shoora “(Parliament)” were substituted for the word Parliament by the .
(a)Revival of the Constitution of 1973 Order 1985 (b)Provisional Constitutional Order 1978
(c)Laws Continuance Enforce Order 1999 (d)None of these
19. An act of ‘High Treason’ shall only be validated by .
(a)Parliamentary Commission (b)Supreme Court (c)President (d)None of these
20. Article of the Constitution of Pakistan 1973 deals with administration of Tribal Areas of
(a)201 (b)247 (c)278 (d)None of these
NOTE: (i) Part-IIis to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
(ii)Candidate must write Q. No.in the Answer Bookin accordance with Q. No.in the Q. Paper.
(iii)Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
(iv) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q.No.2. Discuss the maxim that England is ruled notby reason but by Parliament. Answer with
the support of Logical arguments. (20)
Q.No.3. Discuss the mechanism provided in Article 38 of the Constitution of Pakistan 1973 for
promotion of social and economic well being of the people of Pakistan. (20)
Q.No.4. Compare the procedure of appointments of Judges of the Superior Judiciary of Pakistan
and India. (20)
Q.No.5. How would you compare the functions of American President with the President of
Q.No.6. Discuss the proposals on reforms published bythe Labour Government in the white
paper, in November 1968, on future of Lords. (20)
Q.No.7. The principle of “Judicial Review” has built its stronger enclave in almost all
Constitutions of democratic features. Why it has been under criticism in legal circles of
Q.No.8. Discuss the structure of the Supreme Court of Russian Federation. (20)