101. According to the report of Daily Telegraph, London (dated 12-01-1948), why did the Pathan tribesmen fail to take control of Srinagar and its airport?
Ans: They got busy in plunder.
102. When did the Dogra Raja request Indian Government for military help?
Ans: 24th October, 1947
103.Who was sent to India to view the situation after the Dogra Raja's request for military help?
Ans: V.P. Manon
104. When did the Dogra Raja flee from Srinagar to Jammu?
Ans: 25th October, 1947
105. When did the Dogra Raja write a formal letter to the Indian Governor General for military help along with a signed Instrument of Accession?
Ans: 26th October, 1947
106. Who brought the singed Instrument of Accession from Kashmir to Delhi?
Ans: V.P. Manon
107. When did Lord Mountbatten write a letter to Raja of Kashmir accepting the accession of Kashmir to India?
Ans: 27th October, 1947
108. When did the Indian troops land at Srinagar airport?
Ans: 27th October, 1947
109. Who was appointed as Chief Minister of Kashmir on Oct. 30, 1947?
Ans: Sheikh Abdullah
110. What are the rough estimates of retired soldiers living in Poonch who had served in WW-II?
111.When did the Muslim Conference of Kashmir establish the Azad Kashmir government in the then recently liberated areas?
Ans: 24th October, 1947
112. Where did the Governor Generals of India and Pakistan meet to discuss the Kashmir issue?
113. When did Pundit Nehru send a telegram to Liaquat Ali Khan promising plebiscite in Kashmir?
Ans: 30th October, 1947
114. When did Pundit Nehru, in a radio broadcast, reiterated his promise of holding a plebiscite in Kashmir?
Ans: 2nd November, 1947
115. When did India take the question of Kashmir to UN by instituting a complaint against Pakistan in the Security Council?
116. To which chapter of UN charter did India base its complaint against Pakistan?
Ans: Article 35 of Chapter VI which deals with "pacific settlement of disputes.
117. Which chapter of UN Charter deals with the "acts of aggression"?
Ans: Chapter VII
118. In her reply to the Indian allegations the Government of Pakistan invoked which article of the chapter VI of the UN Charter?
Ans: Article 35
119. After a lengthy debate in UN Security Council on Kashmir issue in January 1948, how many resolutions were passed?
120. When did the Security Council adopt the resolution asking both India and Pakistan to refrain from aggravating the situation and apprise the Council of any material change in the situation?
121. When did the Security Council adopt the resolution for establishing United Nations Commission for India and Pakistan (UNCIP)?
122. How many members were in the United Nations Commission for India and Pakistan?
Ans: 3 (later increased to 5).
123. When did the President of the Security Council presented drafts of resolutions submitted by Indian and Pakistani delegations (after two resolutions passed in Jan. 1948)?
124. What was the Security Council direction in its resolution dated 21-04-1948?
Ans: Pakistan Govt. had to try to secure withdrawal of tribesmen and India was allowed to retain the minimum forces necessary to help in the civil administration.
125. Who was the Pakistani delegate at the time of passing of resolution of 21-04-1948?
Ans: Sir Zafarullah Khan
126. When did the Indian army launch the Spring offensive in Kashmir?
Ans: April 1948
127. According to a report of General Gracey, which liberated areas of Kashmir were threatened by the Spring 1948 offensive of Indian Army?
Ans: Bhimber, Mirpur, Muzaffarabad, Mangla and Kohala.
128. Fearing the Spring 1948 offensive of India, what did General Gracey recommend to the Govt. of Pakistan?
Ans: Deploy Pakistan army to defend the Liberated Kashmir against Indian aggression and stop Indian forces on the general line Uri-Poonch Naosher.
129. When did the members of UNCIP(United Nations Commission for India and Pakistan) visit subcontinent?
Ans: First Week of Jul
130. After negotiating the Indian and Pakistani leaders in July 1948, when did the UNCIP adopt two resolutions?
Ans: 13-08-1948 and 05-01-1949
131. How many parts were in the UNCIP resolution passed on 13-08-1948?
132. According to which part of the resolution of 13-08-1948 the commission acknowledged the principle of determining future status of the State by will of people of Kashmir?
133. What was the Pakistani objection on the resolution of 13-08-1948?
Ans: It did not stipulate detailed guarantees for a free and impartial plebiscite.
134. After the hostilities initiated in Kashmir by the Spring 1948 offensive of India, when did the ceasefire take place?
135. Who was nominated the Plebiscite Administered by the UN Security Council on 22-03-1949?
Ans: American Admiral Nimitz
136. When was the UNCIP wound up by the Security Council?
137. What was the arrangement made after winding up of the UNCIP?
Ans: Creation of the office of the UN Representative for the purpose of demilitarization of the Kashmir State.
138. Who was the first UN Representative for the purpose of demilitarization of the Kashmir State?
Ans: Sir Owen Dixon, a judge of the Australian High Court
139. What was venue of the Conference of the Commonwealth Prime Ministers commenced on 04-01-1951) ?
140. Why did Liaquat Ali Khan threaten to stay out of the the Conference of the Commonwealth Prime Ministers commenced on 04-01-1951?
Ans: He wanted the Kashmir issue to be on the agenda.
141. When did Liaquat Ali Khan finally join the Conference of the Commonwealth Prime Ministers?
142. Was the Kashmir issue discussed in the Conference of the Commonwealth Prime Ministers commence on 04-01-1951?
Ans: Yes, in two sessions for seven hours.
143. What was the proposal on Kashmir in the Conference of the Commonwealth Prime Ministers commenced on 04-01-1951?
Ans: To station troops in Kashmir during the period of plebiscite.
144. What was the fate of the proposal on Kashmir in the Conference of the Commonwealth Prime Ministers commenced on 04-01-1951?
Ans: Pakistan accepted it but India rejected.
145. When did the Dixon report on Kashmir came up for consideration in the Security Council?
146. When did Sir Owen Dixon resign as the UN Representative for demilitarization of the Kashmir State?
147. Who replaced Sir Dixon as UN Representative for demilitarization of the Kashmir State?
Ans: Former American Senator Frank P. Graham on 30-04-1951.
148. How many reports did Frank P. Graham submit to the SC from 1951 to 1958?
149. What was in the SC resolution of 23-12-1952 regarding Kashmir?
Ans: Both India and Pakistan urged to enter into negotiation under Graham on the size of forces in Kashmir.
150. When did the 73 out of 75 member of the Kashmir Constituent Assembly adopted a resolution on autonomy of the State in all matters except foreign affairs?
151. On which date was Sheikh Abdullah arrested in 1952?
152. How long did Sheikh Abdullah remain jailed?
Ans: From 09-08-1952 to 08-01-1958
153. Why was Sheikh Abdullah arrested in 1952 by the Indian Government?
Ans: According to his letter addressed to SC, he was arrested because he pleaded for an early resolution of the dispute with Pakistan.
154. Where did the Indian PM Nehru and Pakistani PM Muhammad Ali Bogra meet on 25-07-1953 to discuss the Kashmir issue?
155. Where did the two PMs again meet on 16-08-1953?
Ans: New Delhi
Tuesday, August 6, 2013
Pakistan Studies Solved MCQS for MA
Related Articles :
Follow by Email
Jobs Tests Syllabus
Past Exams Papers
MCQs Tests Preparation
CSS 2016-2017 New Revised Compulsory Optional Subjects Syllabus FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION REVISED SCHEME OF CSS COMPETITIVE EXAM...
ENGLISH Complete the sentences by choosing the most appropriate option, from the given choices (A to E) below each. 1. I en...
FPSC Advertisement no 1-2015 INSPECTOR INLAND REVENUES Jobs SEE NEW JOBS 2016 DETAILS HERE Case No/Job Title:F4-19/2015-R [ INSPECTOR INL...
1. The speed of light with the rise in the temperature of the medium (1) Increases (2) Decreases (3) Remains unaltered (4) Drops sharpl...
FPSC Advertisement No. 6/2015 for the following posts has been displayed on FPSC’s website. Intending candidates are advised to visit the w...
PPSC Advertisement No 18-2015 TMO Preparation MCQs General Knowledge Pak Studies,Islamic Studies,Everyday Science,Urdu,English,Math are a...
Summary 10 th Class Try Again Written by W.E.Hickson This beautiful little poem has been written by William Edward Hick son....
1. who was the first President of the Constitution Assebmly? (a) Liaquat Ali Khan ( b) Quaid-e-Azam (c) Moulvi Tameez-ud-Din (d) Sardar Abdu...
Government of Pakistan National Accountability Bureau (NAB) (Recruitment Test) Deputy Director,Assistant Director,Junior Investigation ...