51. Who was the Governor of Bengal at the time of deciding the partition of the province?
Ans:Sir Frederick Burrows
52. Who was the Chief Minister of Bengal at the time of deciding the partition of the province?
Ans: Hussain Shaheed Suharwardy
53. Which was the ruling party in Bengal at the time of deciding the partition of the province?
Ans: Muslim League
54. What was the verdict of the Bengal Legislative Assembly on the question of partition of Bengal?
Ans:Bengal Legislative Assembly met in two sections on June 20, 1947; the Hindu-majority section voted in favor of partition of Bengal by 58 votes to 21 and Muslim-majority section voted against partition of Bengal by 106 to 35.
55. When did the elections take place in East and West Bengal for nominees to the Constituent Assemblies of India and Pakistan?
Ans:July 4-5, 1947
56. When was the award of the Punjab Boundary Commission announced?
Ans:Aug. 17, 1947
57. When did the Nawab of Manavadar announced accession to Pakistan?
Ans:September, 24, 1947
58. When was the State of Manavadar forcibly occupied by the Indian troops?
Ans:February 15, 1948
59. When did the Kathiawar State of Junagadh announced accession to Pakistan?
Ans:August 18, 1947
60. When did Pakistan accept the accession of Junagadh?
Ans: Sept. 15, 1947
61. Who warned Pakistan that "Pakistan's acceptance of accession of Junagadh was in utter violation of principles on which the Partition of India was agreed upon and effected"?
62. What was the population of the State of Junagadh?
63. What was the percentage of Hindu Population in the State of Junagadh?
64. Where exactly was the location of Junagadh in the Kathiawar peninsula?
Ans:South West of the Kathiawar peninsula.
65. What was the distance of Jungadh from Pakistan?
Ans: 450 miles
66. The landlords of which two feudatory areas of Junagadh announced accession to India?
Ans: Mangrol and Babriawad
67. When did the Indian troops enter in Babariawad and Mangrol?
Ans:November 1, 1947
68. Why did the Indian troops enter in Babariawad and Mangrol?
Ans:These were the tributary states of Junagadh. The Indian troops entered here to find an excuse for occupying Junagadh.
69. When did the Indian troops enter in the capital city of Junagadh?
Ans:November 9, 1947
70. Who was the Dewan (Chief Minister) of the Junagadh State?
Ans:Sir Shah Nawaz Bhutto
71. Who at Junagadh said " Handing over the administration to the Indian Union was comparable to inviting thief to tea" ?
Ans:Sir Shah Nawaz Bhutto
72. Through which port of Junagadh India made its amphibious landing?
73. When was the referendum in under-occupation Junagadh held on the question of joining India or Pakistan?
Ans:Feb. 24, 1948
74. .What was the result of the referendum?
Ans: The referendum was a merely farce as there were no neutral observers and the unilateral announcement from Indian Govt was made that 190,779 votes were in favor of India and 91 in favor of Pakistan .
75. What was the area of the State of Hyderabad?
Ans:82000 sq. miles
76. What was the population of Hyderabad in 1947?
77. What was the title of the ruler of Hyderabad?
78. What was the name of the Nizam of Hyderabad and Berar?
Ans:Mir Osman Ali Khan
79. What was the decision of the Nizam of Hyderabad on the accession issue on June 11, 1947?
Ans:To remain Independent
80. Which State, after receiving threats from Indian Government on accession issue, sought attention of the United Nations on 24-08-1947?
81. When was a standstill agreement reached between India and the Nizam of Hyderabad?
Ans: Nov. 29, 1947, was to continue for one year.
82. Which reprehensible pressure tactic was used by India to force Hyderabad for accession?
Ans: Economic blockade
83. When did Indian forces occupy Hyderabad against the wishes of its Muslim Nawab?
Ans: September, 12 1948
84. Apart from Junagadh, Hyderabad and Kashmir which other St
ate was forced to accede to India against the wishes of its ruler?
85. What was the percentage of Muslim population in entire Kashmir at the time of partition?
86. .What was the percentage of Muslim population in the valley of Kashmir at the time of partition?
87. Historically speaking from which century Kashmir was being ruled by Muslims till its conquest by Ranjit Singh in 1819?
88. When did Ranjit Singh sell the Kashmir State to the Dogra Raja, Gulab Singh for an amount of Rs. 7500,000?
89. What is the distance from Kashmir to Pakistan?
Ans: 250 miles
90. Who was the founder of the National Conference in Kashmir?
Ans: Sheikh Abdullah
91. In May 1947 which President of the Indian National Congress went to Kashmir to persuade the Dogra Raja for accession with India?
92. When did the Muslim Conference of Kashmir adopt a resolution in favor of accession to Pakistan?
Ans:19th July, 1947
93. What was the name of the Maharajah of Kashmir in 1947?
94. Which Kashmir State Prime Minister was in favor of Independent Kashmir?
Ans: Ram Chandra Kak
95. After the visit of Gandhi to Kashmir there were two significant developments; one was the appointment of Dogra Janak Singh as Prime Minister, which was the other?
Ans:Release of Sheikh Abudullah from Prison
96. In October 1947 Dogra Janak Singh was replaced by a nominee of Indian National Congress. What was his name?
Ans:Mehr Chand Mahajan - A former member of Boundary Commission
97. What incited the Kashmiris to initiate a guerrilla war against the Dogra ruler?
Ans:The Raja of Kashmir Hari Singh ordered Muslims to deposit all arms they possessed and also disarmed the Muslim personnel in the State army.
98. In which district the RSS and Sikh gangs from India reached to assist the Dogra Raja in extermination of Kashmiri Muslims?
99. When did the Pathans from the tribal belt of Pakistan reach Kashmir to fight against the forces of the Dogra Raja?
Ans:21/22 October, 1947
100.When did the advance party of Pathan tribesmen take control of Srinagar power house?
Ans: 24th October, 1947
Pakistan Studies Questions Answers Quiz
Related Articles :
- General Knowledge MCQs Notes
- Everyday Science MCQs Notes
- Islamic Studies MCQs Notes
- Pak Studies MCQs Notes
- Current Affairs MCQs Notes
- PPSC FPSC Tests Exams Online Preparation
- PPSC CSS FPSC Interviews
- Urdu MCQs Notes
- Subject Related MCQs Notes
- Education MCQs Notes
- English Solved MCQs
- General Knowledge of Pakistan
- History of Pakistan
- CSS PMS PCS Syllabus
- Tests Jobs Updates