• Nizam-ul-Mulk tusi was famous for his wisdom.
• “USA is ruled by a power elite,” said C.Wright Mills.
• Hub dam supplies electricity to Sindh.
• The number of divisions in the province of Sindh is five.
• Total districts in the province of Sindh are 22.
• Naib Subedar is the lowest commissioned officer of Pakistan Army.
• River Kabul joins Indus river at Attock.
• Meerani Dam is under construction near Turbat.
• Chashma right bank canal on the Indus River provides water for Jhelum River.
• Jinnah station was established in continent Asia on January 25th, 1991.
• National institute of silicon technology was established in 1991.
• Rawalpindi, a region of Punjab, is free from the problem of water logging.
• Jhelum River joins Chenab River near Trimmu.
• River Ravi originates in the Indian state of Hamachel Pradesh.
• Chashma barrage was built in 1971 on river Indus.
• Warsak dam was built in 1960 on river Kabul.
• Rawal dam was built in 1965 on river Kurang.
• Pakistan’s oldest archaeological site is situated near Larkana.
• Ayoub Park covers an area of 2300 acres.
• Khewra is the main source of gypsum in Pakistan.
• Sainadak is famous for copper, silver and gold.
• Attock oil refinery is located in Rawalpindi.
• 43% of the gas is obtained from Sui.
• Peshawar means ‘city of flowers’.
• Lahore Fort was built in 1560.
• National singer, Noor Jehan, died on 23rd December, 2000.
• Taxila is located b/w Jehlum and Indus.
• Mahbub-ul-Haq Human Development Center is locates at Islamabad.
• Nasirabad region of Balochistan will be irrigated through Kachi cananl.
• The district of the country having lowest population density is: Kharan
• In violation of lndus Basin Treaty 1960, India has constructed Wullar barrage on River Jhelum.
• Water -flows of the river are diverted to Wuller Barrage through the construction of Kishanganga Dam.
• India is constructing Kishanganga Dam in Baramula.
• India has constructed “Baglihar Dam” in occupied Kashmir`s district of Doda.
• AKHORI DAM. Location. Across Nandnakas near Akhori village about 28 KM east of Attock Punjab.
• Wakhan is a narrow strip of land which separates Afghanistan from Pakistan.
• Hoysals was a Kingdom of South during Ala-ud-Din Khilji’s period.
• Raja Tarangini is a book on history of Kashmir written by Pandit Kachan.
• Koshak-e-Siri was the name of the Palace of Ala-ud-Din.
• Ustad Isa was the Chief Architect of Taj Mahal Agra.
• Mahabat Khan was a renowned General of Jahangir. He arrested Jahangir and Noor Jahan.
• Malik Kafur was a General of Ala-ud-Din Khilji. He conquered Deccan.
• Alai Darwaza was the structure constructed by Ala-ud-Din Khilji near Qutb Minar in 1311 A.D.
• Tehrik-e-Alfi was a history written by a team of historians during the reign of Akbar.
• Nasir-ud-Din Qubacha was a lieutenant of Muhammad Ghouri and served as Governor of Multan.
• Durgavati was the ruler of Gondwana and was defeated by Akbar in 1564 A.D.
• Maham Anaga was the foster mother of Akbar the Great.
• Gulbadan Begum was the sister of Mughal King Hamayun. She wrote “Hamayun Nama”.
• Infallibility Decree was a document signed by Akbar in 1597, which authorized him to act as the supreme arbitrator in civil and ecclesiastical affairs.
• Battle of Plassey (1757) was fought between:The Ruler of Bengal and East Indian Company.
• Lucknow Pact (1916) provided for the representation of Muslims in the Provincial Lagislative Councils in the proportion of One-Half of the elected members in Bengal to the Muslims.
• The August Offer (1940) was aimed at Offering greater share to Indians in Services.
• Nadir Shah, King of Persia, marched into Delhi in 1739.
• Diarchy was introduced in the government of Indian Act of 1919.
• Hazrat Baha-ud-Din Zakariya:
Ans. He was a great saint of Suharwardi branch of mysticism and flourished in Multan.
• Sidi Maula was a saint of Jalal-ud-Din Khilji’s period and was executed on charges of political treason.
• Juna Khan was the original name of Muhammad bin Taghluq.
• Ain-e-Akbari is the renowned work of Abul Fazl about the Government of Akbar the Great.
• Tarikh-e-Daudi A history of Lodi Dynasty written by Abdullah during the Mughal period.
• In order to inquire into the injustice done to the Muslims during congress ministries, the Muslim League appointed a committee under the chairmanship of Raja Muhammad Mehdi.
• Uch: A place near Bahawalpur district. It is the burial place of Makhdoom Jehanian.
• Tabaqat-e-Akbari was the name of history written by ‘Nizam-ud-Din’ in 1593. It contains detailed account of Ghaznavids to the 36th year of Akbar’s reign.
• Buland Darwaza was built by Akbar the Great at Fatehpur Sikri to commemorate his conquest of Gujrat.
• Fatawa-e-Jehandari was ‘Zia-ud-Din Barani’s’ book on state craft.
• Shams Siraf Afif: Author of ‘Tarikh-e-Firuz Shahi”.
• Fuwaid-ul-Faud was written by Zia-ud-Din Barani.
• Mirza Haider Dughlat:
Ans. He was a cousin of Babur and author of ‘Tarikh-e-Rashidi’.
• Nadir-ul-Asr Mansur: The title was conferred by Mughal Emperor Jahangir upon his Court Painter Mansoor.
• Muhammad Masum Nami: A Governor of Qandhar. He lies buried at Sukkur. He wrote “Tarikh-e-Sinkh”
• Muslim League was founded under the leadership of Nawab Saleemullah Khan.
• Allama Iqbal was elected as a member of Punjab Legislative Assembly in 1926 and chosen President of Muslim League in 1930.
• Iqbal’s early poems were composed mainly in
• Bang-e-Dara and published in the year 1924.
• Mr Mountbattan announced the Partition of India into two independent states on 3rd June 1947.
• The Cabinet Mission Scheme was placed before Quaid-e-Azam in April 1946.
• The Forty: This term refers to the forty slaves of Iltumish who played important role in contemporary politics.
• Panipat is a famous town near Delhi. Three important battles were fought on this ground.
• Moeen-ud-Din Ajmeri was a great saint of Chisti sect of Islamic Mysticism.
• Syed Brothers: Hussain Ali and Abdullah Khan who flourished in the early part of the 18th century are historically known as Syed Brothers. They were King Makers for few years.
• Rohtas Fort was built by Sher Shah near Jehlum.
Friday, February 22, 2013
KPK PSC Pakistan Studies MCQS
• Nizam-ul-Mulk tusi was famous for his wisdom.
Related Articles :
Follow by Email
Jobs Tests Syllabus
Past Exams Papers
MCQs Tests Preparation
CSS 2018 New Revised Compulsory Optional Subjects Syllabus FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION REVISED SCHEME OF CSS COMPETITIVE EXAMINATI...
ENGLISH Complete the sentences by choosing the most appropriate option, from the given choices (A to E) below each. 1. I en...
FPSC Advertisement no 1-2015 INSPECTOR INLAND REVENUES Jobs SEE NEW JOBS 2016 DETAILS HERE Case No/Job Title:F4-19/2015-R [ INSPECTOR INL...
1. The speed of light with the rise in the temperature of the medium (1) Increases (2) Decreases (3) Remains unaltered (4) Drops sharpl...
FPSC Advertisement No. 6/2015 for the following posts has been displayed on FPSC’s website. Intending candidates are advised to visit the w...
1. who was the first President of the Constitution Assebmly? (a) Liaquat Ali Khan ( b) Quaid-e-Azam (c) Moulvi Tameez-ud-Din (d) Sardar Abdu...
Summary 10 th Class Try Again Written by W.E.Hickson This beautiful little poem has been written by William Edward Hick son....
PPSC Advertisement No 18-2015 TMO Preparation MCQs General Knowledge Pak Studies,Islamic Studies,Everyday Science,Urdu,English,Math are a...
Pakistan Affairs Current Affairs 2016 MCQs Pakistan Affairs Current Affairs 201 7 MCQs, 1. Mohenjo Darro and Harrapa were discovered in ...