• The total length of coastline of Pakistan is 1046.
• Cease Fire line came into existence in 1949.
• Pakistan can be divided into six natural regions.
• High of K2 is 8611 Meters.
• The coldest place in Pakistan is Sakardu.
• Most of the Hosiery Industry is located in Karachi.
• The Heavy Mechanical complex was established with the help of China at Taxila.
• The first Census in the subcontinent took place in the year 1901.
• Wheat is the major Kharif Crop of Pakistan.
• Kotli is the city of Azad Kashmir.
• The SOS village built in Faisalabad.
• Pakistan celebrated Quaid’s year in 2001.
• Pakistani Cricketer Saeed Anwar declared to join Afghan Jehad.
• Maulana Shibly wrote books on Islamic History.
• The first translation of the Holy Quran was in Sindhi.
• Qutab Minar is in Delhi.
• Cholistan Desert is in Bahawalpur.
• Pakistan can be divided per climate into 4 regions.
• Hashim Shah wrote Sassi Punnu.
• The British Communal Award was announced in 1932.
• Land between two rivers is called Do, aba.
• Shah Jahan Constructed Jamia Masjid Thatta.
• Sindh River flows from Bolan River.
• Kohat is the oldest cantonment of Pakistan.
• Muslims were interested in the art of Calligraphy.
• The length of Durand Line is 2240 km.
• The length of Pakistan’s common border with Iran is 805 km.
• Chinese province adjoining Pakistan is Sinkiang.
• Jinnah Barrage is originated on the river Sindh.
• The height of Tarbela Dam is 500 feet.
• Wah city of Pakistan is linked with cement, arms and ammunition industry.
• Sukkur barrage is completed in 1932.
• Khanpur Dam is near Islamabad.
• Simly Lake is near Islamabad.
• Tanda Dam is located in NWFP.
• Khanpur Dam irrigates Attock and Abbotabad.
• Sassi was born in Bhutta Wahan.
• Baba Farid Shakar Gunj died at Pakpattan in 1265.
• Nishtar hospital is the largest hospital in Pakistan.
• Sahiwal is the new name of ‘Montgomery’.
• Noor Mahal is located at Bahawalpur.
• The founder of Suharwardi silsila in Pakistan is Rukn-e-Alam.
• Baheshti Darwaza is located in Pakpattan.
• The tomb of Anarkali is situated in at Lahore.
• Shahjehan built Shalimar Garden.
• Hazrat Data Gunj Baksh came in Lahore in 1039 A.D. from the city of Ghazni.
• Minar-e-Pakistan is also called Minto park
• Data Ganj Baksh is the author of Kashful Mahjoob.
• Badshaahi mosque was built in 1674.
• The construction of Islamabad began in 1952.
• Sher Shah built G.T. Road.
• Imperial Highway is the old name of G.T. Road.
• Karakoram highway passes through 3 ranges.
• Nanga Parbat is commonly known as Killer Mountain.
• Karakoram highway was completed in 1978.
• Karakoram was completed in the total period of 20 years.
• The word Karakoram means ‘crumbling rock’.
• Karakoram is a Turkish word.
• Karakoram highway passes through khunjrab pass.
• Punial is said to be the place where ‘heaven and earth meet’.
• Siachin glacier is located near Astor.
• Hunza is called real Shangrilla.
• Khyber Pass connects Gilgit with Chitral.
• Totally Punjab has 8 divisions.
• The contribution of forestry to the agriculture sector is 0.4%.
• Use of Boron and Zink can improve cotton yield.
• National Arid and Land Development and Research Institute is located at Islamabad.
• Arid Zone Research Centre of PARC is situated at Quetta.
• Thar Coalfield is the biggest coalfield of Pakistan.
• An M-1 motorway is Islamabad-Peshawar.
• NEC (company) set up Pakistan’s first T.V. station.
• 3 radio stations were working at the time of partition.
• Total length of Indus Highway is
• The new name of Debal is ‘Bhanbhore’.
• Gharo Creek is a lake.
• Kalakot Fort is situated near Thatta.
• Ranjit Singh sold Kashmir for 75 Lakhs.
• Poonch, a state of Kashmir, fought with Dogra by obtaining arms from tribal areas.
• 10 seats are reserved for non-muslims in National Assembly.
• Frank Meseri was the first C-in-C of Armed Forces.
• The religion of Tamil is Hinduism.
• There is only one female university in Pakistan.
• Kohat is the oldest cantonment of the country.
• Shalimar Garden was built in 1642 A.D.
• Faisalabad is commonly known as little Manchester.
• Harrappa is located at Sahiwal.
• The tomb of jehangir is located a Shahdara.
• Tomb of Noor Jehan is located at Lahore.
• Attock Fort was built byAkbar.
• Heer Ranjha was written by Waris Shah.
• Sohni Mahiwal was written by Hashim Shah.
• Sindh is called Bab-ul-Islam.
• Chack was the father of Raja Dahir.
• Keti Bunder is the name of a coastal area.
• French Beach is located at Karachi.
• Ranikot Fort is located near Hyderabad.
• Kotri barrage was built in 1955.
• Al Mawardi was born in Basra.
Friday, February 22, 2013
All About Pakistan
• The total length of coastline of Pakistan is 1046.
Related Articles :
Follow by Email
Jobs Tests Syllabus
Past Exams Papers
MCQs Tests Preparation
CSS 2016-2017 New Revised Compulsory Optional Subjects Syllabus FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION REVISED SCHEME OF CSS COMPETITIVE EXAM...
ENGLISH Complete the sentences by choosing the most appropriate option, from the given choices (A to E) below each. 1. I en...
FPSC Advertisement no 1-2015 INSPECTOR INLAND REVENUES Jobs SEE NEW JOBS 2016 DETAILS HERE Case No/Job Title:F4-19/2015-R [ INSPECTOR INL...
1. The speed of light with the rise in the temperature of the medium (1) Increases (2) Decreases (3) Remains unaltered (4) Drops sharpl...
FPSC Advertisement No. 6/2015 for the following posts has been displayed on FPSC’s website. Intending candidates are advised to visit the w...
Summary 10 th Class Try Again Written by W.E.Hickson This beautiful little poem has been written by William Edward Hick son....
PPSC Advertisement No 18-2015 TMO Preparation MCQs General Knowledge Pak Studies,Islamic Studies,Everyday Science,Urdu,English,Math are a...
1. who was the first President of the Constitution Assebmly? (a) Liaquat Ali Khan ( b) Quaid-e-Azam (c) Moulvi Tameez-ud-Din (d) Sardar Abdu...
Government of Pakistan National Accountability Bureau (NAB) (Recruitment Test) Deputy Director,Assistant Director,Junior Investigation ...