• Liaquat Ali khan was assassinated in Rawalpindi on 16th October, 1951. Was buried in Karachi near Quaid.
• Liaquat ali Khan born in Kernal (East Punjab) on 1st Oct: 1895.
• Who replaced Liaquat Ali Khan as Prime Minister? Khawajah Nazimuddin
• Who replaced Nazimuddin as Governor General? Ghulam Muhammad
• Jamilla was the first Muslim girl who hoisted Muslim League flag onteh Punjab Secreterat, Lahore (1946)
• Rawalpindi became the temporary capital of Pak: in 1960.
• First commissioner of Sindh Charles Napier.
• Sindh assembly proclaimed Sindhi as official language of Sindh in 1972.
• Baluchistan got status of province on 1st July, 1970.
• Pak: bought Gawader (1958) & Jiwani from Oman.
• Pak: came into being on 27 Ramzan, 1366 A.H Thursday.
• Pak: standard time was adopted on Oct:1, 1951.
• Population Census-1951, 61,72,81,98.
• The only vice-president of Pak: Noorul Amin.
• Father’s name of Quaid= Jinnah Poonja
• Father’s name of Iqbal=Shaikh Noor Mohd:
• 27 Oct: 1947 was observed “Black Day” as Indian forces landed in Azad Kashmir.
• Sheikh Abdullah was called founder of National Conference.
• Indian Forces occupied Kashmir the state of Jammu and Kashmir on October 27, 1947.
• Distance of Kashmir from Pakistan is 250 miles.
• Hari Singh was the maharaja of Kashmir in 1947.
• % of Muslim population in Kashmir in 1947 was 78%.
• UN commission members for India & Pak: were 3 (later 5) visited in July,1948.
• Sir Owen Dixon was UN Representative for demilitarization of Kashmir.
• National anthem of Pakistan was played for the first time on August 13, 1954.
• Urdu made National Language in April 1954 it has 37 letters.
• Birth place of Quaid Wazir Mension.
• House of Quaid Mohata Palace.
• Allama Iqbal’s tomb was built in 1951.
• Liaquat Nehru Pact= April 1951.
• 17th Oct: 1951 Liaquat shot dead in Rawalpindi by Syed Akbar.
• Liaquat visited USA in 1951.
• Pakistan issued it first coin on 3rd Jan: 1948.
• Quaid inaugurated State Bank on 1st July’1948.
• National Bank of Pakistan formed in 1948.
• First postal stamp issued in 1948.
• Karachi radio station inaugurated by Liaquat on 14th August’1948.
• Pakistan recognized China in 1949.
• In 1949 July, Pak: got Siachen under Karachi agreement.
• Siachen is located in Baltistan.
• Siachen is world’s 2nd highest glacier.
• 22 points of Ulema put on 24th Jan: 1951 by 31 Ulema.
• BBC started its first Urdu service on 13th April, 1949.
• In 1950, Iftikhar Hussain Mamdot founded Jinnah Muslim League party.
• PIA founded: 1954 started international service: 1955 to Jordan via Cairo.
• Pakistan got status of Test cricket in 1952.
• Sui gas founded in 1952.
• First five year plan launched in1955.
• National Anthem first broadcasted on radio: 13 August, 1954.
• Pakistan signed CENTO (Baghdad Pact) on 23Sep: 1955.
• West Pakistan declared “one unit” in 1955 by Mohd: Ali Bogra.
• “One unit” repealed on 1st Jan: 1971.
• First acting Governor General of Pak: was Major General Sikandar Mirza 17th August 1955 to 16th Oct: 1955.
• President Iskandar Mirza visited Afghanistan in 1956.
• One unit bill passed during the period of Chaudhry Mohd: Ali 14th oct: 1955 and cancelled on 25th March 1969 by Yahya .
• During one unit first GG of west Pak: was Nawab Mushtaque Ahmed Gormani and first CM was Dr. Khan Sahib In 1956.
• Pakistan became Islamic Republic on 23rd March, 1956.
• 1956 constitution was presented in assembly in Feb 29, 1956.
• Martial law was imposed in Lahore in 1953.
• Ch: Rehmat Ali is buried in Cambridge (London)
• Pakistan joined SEATO in Sep: 1954.
• In Sept: 1958 Gawadar was bought by Khan of Kalat at 40 lacs pounds from Oman
• 1st Martial Law= 7 Oct: 1958
• 2nd Martial Law=26 March 1969
• 3rd Martial Law=7 July 1977
• Ayub became first elected president on 17 Feb: 1960.
• Ayub transferred capital from Karachi to Islamabad on 1st August 1960.
• Indus Basin Treaty signed under World Bank in Sep: 1960.
• Pakistan made boundary agreement with Iran on 21st May 1960.
• U2 incident happened in 1960.
• Ayub khan appointed Ameer Muhammad Khan as Governor of West Pakistan.
• Ayub visited US & Queen Elizbeth visited Pakistan in 1961.
Khan visited USSR on 3rd April, 1965, US in 1961.
• Television started on 26 Nov: 1964.
• Zafarullah Khan served as president of UN General Assembly’s 7th session in 1962.
• Boundary agreement with China was signed in 1963.
• Agreement with Canada on first nuclear power station in Karachi was signed in 1965.
• Z.A Bhutto served as F.M in Ayub Govt:
• Convention League was formed by Ayub.
• 1965 war started from 6 to 22 Sept: 1965.
• Defense day is celebrated in Pakistan since 1966.
• Major Aziz Bhatti was martyred in 1965 war.
• Tashkent Pact was signed by Ayub Khan & Shastri on 3 Jan:, 1966 (USSR, Kosijin)
• Fatima Jinnah died in 1967. She was born on 1st August, 1893.
• Kashmir valley is b/w Big Hamalia and Little Hamlia.
• Length of Indus from Hamalia to Arabian Sea is 1980 miles.
• Ancient name of India was Arya Warat.
Pakistan Studies General Knowledge for SPSC
Related Articles :
Follow by Email
Jobs Tests Syllabus
Past Exams Papers
MCQs Tests Preparation
CSS 2016-2017 New Revised Compulsory Optional Subjects Syllabus FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION REVISED SCHEME OF CSS COMPETITIVE EXAM...
FPSC Advertisement no 1-2015 INSPECTOR INLAND REVENUES Jobs SEE NEW JOBS 2016 DETAILS HERE Case No/Job Title:F4-19/2015-R [ INSPECTOR INL...
ENGLISH Complete the sentences by choosing the most appropriate option, from the given choices (A to E) below each. 1. I en...
1. The speed of light with the rise in the temperature of the medium (1) Increases (2) Decreases (3) Remains unaltered (4) Drops sharpl...
FPSC Advertisement No. 6/2015 for the following posts has been displayed on FPSC’s website. Intending candidates are advised to visit the w...
PPSC Advertisement No 18-2015 TMO Preparation MCQs General Knowledge Pak Studies,Islamic Studies,Everyday Science,Urdu,English,Math are a...
Summary 10 th Class Try Again Written by W.E.Hickson This beautiful little poem has been written by William Edward Hick son....
1. who was the first President of the Constitution Assebmly? (a) Liaquat Ali Khan ( b) Quaid-e-Azam (c) Moulvi Tameez-ud-Din (d) Sardar Abdu...
Government of Pakistan National Accountability Bureau (NAB) (Recruitment Test) Deputy Director,Assistant Director,Junior Investigation ...