(1) The terms “type cast” and “type conversion” have different semantics i.e. they have different effects on the program execution.
(2) Alignment restrictions of modern RISC-architectures forces compilers to occasionally introduce “holes” and “padding” for record structures to ensure efficient access of record elements.
(3) In a language with garbage collection, the programmer need not worry about heap memory management.
(4) In order to execute a program by interpretive execution, the interpreter needs to execute on the system on which the program is to be run.
(5) A GUI is a Graphical Utility Interface.
(6) The study of algorithms began in the 1900s when electronic computers began to be used.
(7) A bus is a part of the computer that decides if a value should be stored as an integer or floating point.
(8) Peripheral devices handle the coordination of a computer’s activities.
(9) Get method in HTML forms is used for debugging.
(10) “Pine” is an example of e-mail utility.
(B) Please choose the most appropriate answer from the given set of answers.
(11) State Transition Diagram gives information of
(a) Prototype Model
(b) RAD Model
(c) Spiral Model
(d) None of these
(12) The concept of meaning represented by an algorithm is known as its:
(a) Control Structure
(13) Each cell of memory is numbered and that number is referred to as the cell’s
(14) Main memory is called RAM because
(a) It is volatile, like a ram’s temper.
(b) The computer starts at address 0 and reads every byte until it reaches the correct address.
(c) It can Read all memory
(d) The memory is accessible randomly
(15) To use internet, the computer must have
(c) ISP Connection
(d) All of the above
(C) Give short answers to the following questions.
(16) Functions of an O.S.
(17) Object Oriented Programming
(18) Normalization & BCNF
(19) Graphs & Trees
(20) Server Side Scripting Languages