- Dr. Abdul Quadeer Khan was born in Bhopal on April 1, 1936.
- He obtained the Degree of Bachelor of Science in 1960 from the University of Karachi.
- Subsequently he went to West Germany and studied in Berlin where he achieved high competence through attending several courses in metallurgical engineering.
- He obtained the degree of Master of Science (Technology) in 1967 from DelftTechnologicalUniversity, Holland.
- Dr. Khan received his Doctor of Engineering Degree from the University of Leuven, Belgium in 1972.
- After completing his formal education Dr. Khan started his career as a Materials Expert.
- He worked as an expert in several organizations in Europe, including the Uranium Enrichment Plant in Holland, which provided him state-of-the-art experience in nuclear technology.
- In 1976, he joined the Engineering Research Laboratories (ERL) in Pakistan to set up an Uranium enrichment industrial plant.
- As a tribute to his services rendered to the defense of Pakistan, the then President of Pakistan, General Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq, renamed the Engineering Research Laboratories, Kahuta as Dr. A. Q. Khan Research Laboratories (KRL) in 1981.
- Over the years, the Laboratories became a focal point for a large number of scientists, engineers and technologists.
- This breakthrough eventually resulted in the historic explosions of six nuclear bombs on May 28 and May 30,1998 and the successful test firing of Intermediate Range Ballistic Missiles namely "Ghauri", on April 6, 1998 and on April 14, 1999, respectively.
- He has published 190 research papers in reputable national and international journals and two patents in the U.K. are registered in his name. Dr. A. Q. Khan has authored a large number of books on Metallurgy.
- He has been awarded 63 gold medals and 3 gold crowns by various national institutions and organizations.
- Hilal-i-Imtiaz by the Government of Pakistan on 14-8-1989 and decorated by the President of Pakistan Mr. Ghulam Ishaq Khan on 23-3-1990
- Nishan-i-Imtiaz by the Government of Pakistan on 14-8-1996 and decorated by the President of Pakistan Mr. Farooq Ahmed Khan Leghari on 25-3-1997
- Nishan-i-Imtiaz by the Government of Pakistan on 14-8-1998 for the second time, by the President of Pakistan Mr. M. Rafiq Tarar on 23-3-1999
Friday, January 20, 2012
Dr. Abdul Quadeer Khan Profile
Related Articles :
Follow by Email
Jobs Tests Syllabus
Past Exams Papers
MCQs Tests Preparation
CSS 2018 New Revised Compulsory Optional Subjects Syllabus FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION REVISED SCHEME OF CSS COMPETITIVE EXAMINATI...
ENGLISH Complete the sentences by choosing the most appropriate option, from the given choices (A to E) below each. 1. I en...
FPSC Advertisement no 1-2015 INSPECTOR INLAND REVENUES Jobs SEE NEW JOBS 2016 DETAILS HERE Case No/Job Title:F4-19/2015-R [ INSPECTOR INL...
1. The speed of light with the rise in the temperature of the medium (1) Increases (2) Decreases (3) Remains unaltered (4) Drops sharpl...
FPSC Advertisement No. 6/2015 for the following posts has been displayed on FPSC’s website. Intending candidates are advised to visit the w...
1. who was the first President of the Constitution Assebmly? (a) Liaquat Ali Khan ( b) Quaid-e-Azam (c) Moulvi Tameez-ud-Din (d) Sardar Abdu...
Summary 10 th Class Try Again Written by W.E.Hickson This beautiful little poem has been written by William Edward Hick son....
PPSC Advertisement No 18-2015 TMO Preparation MCQs General Knowledge Pak Studies,Islamic Studies,Everyday Science,Urdu,English,Math are a...
Pakistan Affairs Current Affairs 2016 MCQs Pakistan Affairs Current Affairs 201 7 MCQs, 1. Mohenjo Darro and Harrapa were discovered in ...