Mirpurkhas District Profile

Founded in 1806 by Mir Ali MuradTalpur, Mirpurkhas means the land of most high Mirs’
Ø Status of Mirpurkhas as Political Superintendent Eastern Sindh Frontier from 1860 to 1881
Ø In 1882 Mirpurkhas gained the status of headquarter of  Tharparkar District
Ø  In 1990 district Tharparkar was bifurcated into two Districts, Mirpurkhas and Thar. In 1993 the Mirpurkhas District was further bifurcated into Mirpurkhas and Umerkot districts.
Ø  Mirpurkhas district is famous for its mangoes, especially Sindhri Mango,and for its  NGOs

Ø  The headquarter of district Mirpurkhas Town is situated at distance of 220 km north east of Karachi
Ø It has Sanghar in North, Umerkot in east,
Tando Allahyar in West and Badin and   Tharparkar District in South


Post a Comment