Saidu Sharif and Mingora are twin cities. Saidu Sharif has several government buildings, the Swat Museum, the Tomb of Akund of Swat and the archaeological remains of the Butkara Buddhist Stupa.
Since the ancient Buddhist era, the name of Saidu sharif was Baligram. but when Akhund Sahib-e-swat, commonly known as Saidu baba settled here in 1835. So, from that time onward it was called as saidu sharif. while there is still a calm & panoramic region in southwest of saidu sharif known by Baligram.
Saidu Sharif is an administrative unit, known as Union council or Ward in Tehsil Babuzai, of Swat District in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan.
According to Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Local Government Act 2013. District Swat has 67 Wards, of which total amount of Village Councils is 170, and Neighbourhood Councils is 44.