The beautifully proportioned Mahabat Khan Mosque is at the top of the hill on the fight; a narrow gateway between the jewellary shops leads onto its large courtyard. Built in the 1670s, the Mughal mosque is orthodox in design, with an ablution pond in the middle of the open courtyard.
The Mosque was built in 1630. Its open courtyard has a centrally-located ablution pool and a single row of rooms lining the exterior walls. The prayer hall, flanked by two tall minarets, occupies the west side. According to the turn-of-the-century Gazetteer for Pakhtunkhwa.
The minarets of the Mohabbat Khan Mosque were frequently used in Sikh times (especially that of Ranjit Singh) `as a substitute for the gallows’.