Victoria Hospital Bhawalpur

Victoria Hospital

This historic Institution was inaugurated by Lord Viscount Wavell, the then viceroy of India.It started as a Civil Hospital in 1867 with an indoor capacity of 36 beds, an outdoor department, a dispensary and an operation theater. In 1906, it was named as Bahawal Victoria Hospital, some new buildings were constructed and 40 beds were also added. In 1950 the specialties of surgery, Medicine, Radiology, Gynaecology, Pathology and Ophthalmology were established. A nursing School was added in 1952. Classes leading to L.S.M.F. were started here in 1956


Post a Comment