1. c 2. d 3. c 4. a 5. b
6. c 7. c 8. d 9. c 10. d
11. d 12. a 13. b 14. a 15. c
16. a 17. b 18. c 19. c 20. c
21. c 22. b 23. b 24. a 25. d
2. What does Angstrom measure?
d. Speed of ships
3. Light year is related to
5. Which of the following instruments is used to measure pressure of gases?
6. Joule is the unit of
7. How many Dynes are there in one gram weight?
8. How many Ergs are these in 1 Joule?
9. The unit of current is
10. The unit of energy in MKS system is
11. The intensity of an earthquake is measured with a
12. Centigrade & Fahrenheit scales give same reading at
a. - 400o
14. Who among the following described protoplasm as the physical basis of life?
a. T. H. Huxley
15. The scientist who first discovered that the earth revolves round the sun was
16. Alexander Fleming discovered
17. Who among following invented the steam engine?
b. James Watt
18. Who invented typewriter?
20. Who discovered circulation of blood in human body?
c. William Harvey
21. The first attempt in printing was made in England by
c. William Caxton
22. Who was the surgeon who pioneered antiseptic surgery in 1865?
a. Edward Jenner
b. Joseph Lister
c. Henry William
d. John Sleeman
23. The credit of inventing the television goes to
24. The credit of developing the polio vaccine goes to
a. Jonas Salk
b. Alb E. Sabin
c. Selman Waksman
d. None of these
25. Mark the wrong combination
a. James Watt: Steam Engine
b. A.G. Bell: Telephone
c. J. L. Baird: Television
d. J. Perkins: Penicillin